276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Be Careful What You Wish For

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Of course the man himself is not short of ego and no doubt his words put him in a better light than others' would, but once that has been accepted he does provide insight into football finances and the game's corridors of power. Then aged 32, Jordan immediately appointed himself chairman, making him the youngest chairman of a Football League club. On 8 August 2023, Jordan told Talksport that he was recovering from prostate cancer, and urged men as young as late thirties to get the PSA blood test. He has since reported in his 5 March 2006 Observer column, that he was misquoted and that he had simply restated what he had said eight months before, that "I don't plan to stay at Crystal Palace or in football all my life. Jordan is currently a co-presenter on the weekday mid-morning sports programme Talksport , White and Jordan.

Be Careful What You Wish For by Simon Jordan | Goodreads Be Careful What You Wish For by Simon Jordan | Goodreads

While these are not qualities I normally find particularly endearing in a person, I really admire Jordan for his tenacity and bravery in lifting the lid on some of the ills of modern-day football. It was reasonably well-received by critics opening in 45 screens in the UK and selling releases in 32 countries. Jordan announced in July 2008 that he planned to sell the club and move away from football, stating he had "been disillusioned with football for a long time". Our resources are crucial for knowledge lovers everywhere—so if you find all these bits and bytes useful, please pitch in.He was also the most outspoken, announcing at his first Palace press conference: ‘I don’t give a **** about football protocol. Agents are painted in a particularly treacherous light, but then again their reptilian practices are by now well known to the majority of us who follow the game. It amounts to me not being able to say a referee is incompetent while others can, using the same language.

Careful What Wish by Jordan Simon - AbeBooks Careful What Wish by Jordan Simon - AbeBooks

On 11 October at a press conference he unveiled Neil Warnock as the new manager, which failed to surprise many as the two were reported to be good friends.

The book recounts his business success in the cellular phone business, but mostly focuses on his time as the youngest ever owner of a professional football club as chairman of Crystal Palace Football Club. I was captivated throughout and listening to this has reversed any negative perceptions I had incorrectly formed of Simon listening to media over the last few decades. I hope one day Simon Jordan can look back on his experience and have some memories that are worth keeping because he deserves them. The perma-tanned self-made millionaire made his fortune in the mobile phone business and by the age of 32 he was the youngest owner of a football club. Simon Jordan is a bit difficult to listen to for too long on talksport but really enjoyed his story and the way it as told.

Be Careful What You Wish For: Jordan, Simon: 9780224091824 Be Careful What You Wish For: Jordan, Simon: 9780224091824

The book provides plenty of insight to the runnings of football clubs and the author's intelligence and wit shines through.Perhaps this is not the best endorsement for Simon Jordan and his book, but how many other football chairman can you think of that was more controversial, more outspoken, and more blonde than the former Eagles owner? We build and maintain all our own systems, but we don’t charge for access, sell user information, or run ads.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment