276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Christmas Escape: the top 5 Sunday Times bestseller and the perfect Christmas romance novel to curl up with this winter!: 1

£4.475£8.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Morgan offers another ­tender, ­family-centered story told in alternating voices among the women of the Mitchell clan. The Christmas setting and romantic subplot will appeal to fans of ­RaeAnne Thayne and Susan Mallery.” —Library Journal on One More For Christmas Joyful, uplifting and overflowing with love. Sarah’s writing speaks straight to my heart.’ Cathy Bramley, Sunday Times bestselling author As long-held secrets unravel, and unexpected romance shines under the Northern Lights, can Christy and Alix find the courage to fight for the relationships they really want? And could this Christmas escape save the precious gift of each other's friendship? About This Edition ISBN:

For a while, I was beginning to wonder if Robyn’s thread would ever fully develop, but once she had the floor, I was blown away. Her solution? Alix, along with Seb’s oldest friend, Zac, can take Christy’s daughter on the planned Lapland trip, and they will all reunite there for Christmas Day. After all, what are friends for? As the festive season approaches, Birmingham city centre truly comes into its own. The city buzzes with excitement, with office Christmas party planners scouting the perfect venue and locals eagerly anticipating Christmas party nights. From bustling markets to lively venues, Birmingham city centre is all set to host epic Christmas parties and festive celebrations. Our dedication to creating an immersive and inclusive atmosphere sets Escape Live apart from other Christmas party venues in Liverpool. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll be enveloped in the world we’ve created, leaving the winter chill and festive stress behind. Our team is on hand to ensure your party runs smoothly, and our rooms are adaptable to accommodate groups of various sizes. After all the excitement, consider taking a relaxing short break in the heart of Liverpool. The Ultimate Christmas EscapeThis is escapist fiction at its absolute best, full of warmth, humour and heart . . . Irresistible, joyful and a celebration of family love." —Katie Marsh, author of A Life Without You There’s nothing Alix won’t do for Christy. But Christy’s request to save Christmas is giving Alix sleepless nights. She knows something is wrong, but for the first time ever, Christy isn’t talking. And even the Arctic temperatures in Lapland aren’t enough to dampen the seriously inconvenient sizzle Alix is developing for Zac, a fellow guest and nemesis from her past.

Not only do Christy and Alix have romance issues, but friendship is clearly being tested. Despite being friends since they were children, both women have noticed that things are not what they used to be: with-holding personal details and not indulging in secrets, both Alix and Christy feel increasingly detached from one another. The Lapland trip promises magic for Christy’s daughter, but when her husband, Seb, cannot make it from day one, Christy asks her best friend to babysit for a few days. This leads Christy discovering important home-truths about herself and her marriage, whilst Alix also experiences the ‘Lapland effect’ and realises that her current way of life is not as satisfying as she portrays. Our Christmas Maths Games are perfect for learning and challenging reasoning and problem-solving skills.Alix and Christy have been friends forever. Alix was vehemently opposed to Christy’s choice to marry Seb. Seb’s best friend, Zac, was the only thing standing in the way of her stopping the wedding. For five years Alix has been waiting for the other shoe to drop and now it looks like her predictions may be coming true… This is Sarah's best Christmas novel yet. It's got it all: romance, escapism, heartache, redemption, secrets . . . I really enjoyed it. Sarah is as much a Christmas staple as mince pies!' Laura Jane Williams, bestselling author of Our Stop

This is Sarah's best Christmas novel yet. It's got it all: romance, escapism, heartache, redemption, secrets . . . I really enjoyed it. Sarah is as much a Christmas staple as mince pies!"—Laura Jane Williams, bestselling author of Our Stop on The Christmas Escape As enchanting and perfect as the setting sounded, the story of Christy, Alix and Robyn was the main attraction for me. Each of these women had their own struggles, Christy and Alix were more at the forefront, but Robyn’s story was just as poignant and touching. There’s romance and laughs, the joy of reaffirming love, coming to grips with the past, grabbing up happiness for the future and holding family and friends close. I loved every minute of this emotional and heartwarming story! Five stars all the way! Both resources are also perfect for developing your child’s fine motor skills. More resources like this activity I hate rating books low, but this just did not work for me. It was a sweet enough story and I liked the fun, snowy Arctic setting, but, oh, this book could have been so much shorter and enjoyable. The repetition is intense, to the point I found myself skimming sections. We are constantly bombarded by everyone's thoughts and issues. Did you know Alix has commitment issues? Oh you will. Christy struggles with perfection? The overwhelming focus on the characters' tropes and the rehashing and pontificating on thoughts and feelings was incredibly frustrating. It was very slow moving with far more telling than showing. I was not that invested in Alix and Zac's relationship. Morgan expertly avoids cliché and easy fixes, resulting in a deeply believable portrait of a family relearning how to love each other. Readers will be delighted."— Publishers Weekly on One More For Christmas, starred reviewRobyn has carved out a solid life in Lapland with husband, but a call from her niece, Christy, opens painful reminders of her past. Christy wants to bring her daughter, Holly, to meet Robyn and spend the holidays in Lapland. Robyn is thrilled, but also very nervous. What would Christy think about Robyn if she knew the truth about her…

Morgan's gently humorous aesthetic will leave readers feeling optimistic and satisfied."— Publishers Weekly on A Wedding in December An uplifting novel of friendship, the festive season, and risking everything for the biggest gift of all...With lots of recaps of characters’ quandaries and fears in the manner of TV shows (almost like “previously on The Christmas Escape…” montages), the characters are 100% transparent to the reader, even when they’re hiding the truth from each other, which also makes it something of a scream-at-the-TV kind of read - “tell the truth! Admit you fancy him! Admit you were wrong!”, and so on, until things come together in a satisfying seasonal hug.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment