276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Haunted (David Ash)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the very beginning the reader soon becomes accustomed to Ash's bad habits, cynical view on life and overall downbeat traits, of which followers of Herbert's work will recognise as a somewhat recurring theme within his novels.

His best novels, The Rats and The Fog, had the effect of Mike Tyson in his championship days: no finesse, all crude power.This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. I am really looking forward to the rest of the series because David Ash had some insane character growth and I can’t wait to read what he does next. But it didn't send me googling 'ending explained', as sometimes happens with paranormal fiction, and it had some nice touches of black humour which I appreciated. Before anyone who is a huge James Herbert fan starts mentally pelting me with rotten tomatoes, consider the fact that eons and a growing taste for more sophisticated haunted house stories now stand between this reading and my first time with it.

As a professor at Oxford, he receives a series of urgent entreaties from a Miss Webb, who claims she is being tormented by ghosts, to come and help her.One of the first things that I will say about this novel is that it is a lot scarier than I remembered! There is some suspense and a pretty good twist towards the end of the book - I would definitely recommend this book. James Herbert has a writing style that keeps you engrossed in every miniscule detail of the story, gradually pulling you into another world before hitting you with the stark reality of horror that you so unwittingly entered! The horror descriptions in this book were indeed horrifying, they were creepy, disturbing and unforgettable. The sale of customised goods or perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened.

I was pretty much fully committed to declaring this a painfully average haunted house story, but the final 1/4 really elevated the hell out of this tale. Well written, Herbert weaves a tale that beckons the reader into the storyline, with heart-stopping suspense that you can cut with a knife. The action-packed immediacy of his work lends itself well to vocal interpretation, and fervent English actor Steven Pacey ( Blake’s 7, Distant Shores) proves it with his crisp, quick-clipped conveyance of Haunted, in which Herbert introduces dogged reporter David Ash. She gives him a lift to Edbrook, where he meets her two brothers – Robert and Simon – and their aunt Tess.Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services.

But, although I remembered some fragments of the ending and the fact that it was very different to the other James Herbert novels I’d read, I couldn’t remember a huge amount about it.

Dal passato oscuro e misterioso, David, si trova ora a risolvere situazioni che alla maggior parte della gente farebbe rizzare i capelli. Apart from that its a very clever little story and it does in fact trick you all the way, when it ended I thought oh my god I did not expect that! It's also set in the late 1980s (when it was first published), so the reader has to make certain concessions for that too.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment