276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One Day With You: THE NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Our servers are getting hit pretty hard right now. To continue shopping, enter the characters as they are shown Tress, love,' she blurted. 'I just need a word with the wee one.' She leaned forward so that she was speaking to Tress's bump. 'Son, I know you're probably comfy in there, floating about without a care in the world, but if I could ask a wee favour. Could you hurry up and get ready to slide down that shute the second yer daddy gets here, because Aunty Nancy has a party to go to.'

One Day With You - Chick Lit Central Book Review: One Day With You - Chick Lit Central

While “women’s fiction” is not my go-to genre, I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would; I didn’t want to put it down. I particularly enjoyed the humorous bantering among the widow and her friends, women “of a certain age.” Shari Low weaves a great tale. My first five star read of the year. She still spends her nights and days writing in a very professional and mature manner. Which roughly translates to ‘type, panic, eat a biscuit, type and panic, eat another biscuit, type and panic’, then repeat for ninety thousand words. An emotional wringer of a book, this one will stay with you for quite some time. You’ll love Noah Clark, wish you could have Tess Walker‘s heart and then suddenly you’ll ache for all those innocent people whose lives are forever affected by the careless choice of another.

What readers are saying…

Nancy: Age 66. Widow. Lost her husband, Peter, of over 40 years, to cancer. School dinner lady, head of Neighbourhood Watch. I really loved Nancy. I think she’s my favorite character. She has become an honorary aunt for Tress, who doesn’t have much family to call on for help, and she has known both Max and Noah their entire lives, having been neighbors for decades. While the world seems to be imploding all around the other characters, it seems Nancy becomes the calm for everyone, balancing everything out. I also enjoyed the plotline where Eddie is concerned. Although Nancy doesn’t regret the relationship and marriage she’d had with her recently deceased husband, there had been points in her life where she had questioned what life would have been like, had she chosen Eddie instead. Hey Mr. Right’s out there, however can she actually find him? And what if he’s moved from the ex-girlfriend that said goodbye? I do not read a lot of women's fiction, and ONE DAY WITH YOU was my first book by the author, and I look forward to reading more— for fans of US authors Katherine Center, Debbie Macomber, and Elizabeth Berg.

Shari Low (Author of One Day With You) - Goodreads Books by Shari Low (Author of One Day With You) - Goodreads

Noah Clark and his wife Anya seem to be having marriage troubles. Noah isn’t sure if he should share his concerns with his best friend, Max, until he can sort out his emotions. Soon, he uncovers a secret that shatters his heart and emotions. Thank you to Boldwood Books and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. Four POV — We meet two couples: Tress and Max Walker and their friends Noah and Anya Clark. Their lives change forever in the span of a few hours. On March 18, 2000 she got her first ;publishing deal at 3 pm. At 4 pm, she learned she was pregnant. As the book is broken down into time slots of the one day, I was wondering how you could develop the different characters and keep the narrative moving along with any depth.Overall, I would say that "One Day With You" has potential, but for me personally it fell short. It's definitely an engaging read with some sweet moments, but I couldn't help feeling that it could have been better. One Day with You - two fateful goodbyes, two unexpected hellos, and 24 hours that change everything. (Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads.) When Tress Walker waved goodbye to her husband, Max, on his way to a conference, she had no idea that soon she would be going into labor. When her water broke and contractions began, she could not reach her husband. He was not answering her calls.

One Day With You by Shari Low - Fantastic Fiction One Day With You by Shari Low - Fantastic Fiction

So as much as I would like to say that the addictive writing and wonderful characters, plus emotionally tinged plotlines got me - they only did for the first half. Rest of the half was spent debating whether I should hurl myself out of this room and into a cave to cry and be frustrated for forever, or throw the book into outer space. Jess, the first Mrs. O’Flynn. Her heart’s set on somebody new, however will the last one night stand that she shared with Colm return to haunt her?Anya: Age 34 - Sales director at Bralatech. Married to Noah. She met him on the first day at Glasgow University. Max's best friend, Noah Clark, also said goodbye to his wife, Anya, that morning, who was also on her way to a conference. They had tense words the night before and he wanted to reach out to her. When she didn't answer her phone, he called her office and learned his wife had lied to him. This is one of the most emotional books I have read in a long time. I felt so terribly sad for the kindhearted Tress, who is about to give birth to her long awaited baby. And poor Noah, trying to stay strong for everyone but especially Tress while she is in labour and being an honest friend after the baby is born. I felt so much anger towards Max and Anya and their selfishness that destroyed lives. The Nancy storyline was fresh and funny. I was literally laughing out loud at her antics with Val. It was also nice to read about a late in life romance. I loved how this story has wonderfully fleshed out characters and how they acted like real people and the conclusion was very true to life as well. If you enjoy books that evoke many emotions, have lots of drama, and a bit of romance this is the book for you. All. The. Stars.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment