276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Tibetan Book Of Living And Dying: A Spiritual Classic from One of the Foremost Interpreters of Tibetan Buddhism to the West

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This section revolves around the concept of death and questions the human nature to be overly afraid of an effortless transition – from one state of beingness to the other. If your moral and religious beliefs don’t overlap, you’ll also be dreaded by the thought of transformation. We have been pushed to believe that the saints, mystics and gods are superhumans. But the truth is all of us have the potential to reach to their levels of being good humans. Its just that the path is so tough to walk, that it becomes easier to feel your job is done by going to a church or temple. Rinpoche spends a whole chapter on descriptions of near death experiences to support his descriptions of various states we will experience after death. I've had a near-death experience of my own in a car accident in 2009 and the descriptions in that chapter of the all encompassing light, the feelings of peace, the certainy, etc... very much matched up with my own memories.

In the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying Sogyal Rinpoche speaks to us out of one of the greatest traditions of insight, and out of his own profound compassion and experience, on the ultimate and inevitable questions of existence. He does so with the lucidity and patience and the directness of a real teacher. This epitome of his teaching could help to guide many of us in our living and dying.”Since it was published twenty years ago, Sogyal Rinpoche’s The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying has earned its status as a modern classic of Tibetan Buddhism. Filled with personal narratives and the rich wisdom of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition as a whole, this beautifully written book is one I have recommended widely to Dharma students the world over.” ( see more) Over 3 million copies have been printed, in 34 languages, and the book is available in 80 countries. It has been adopted by colleges, groups and institutions, both medical and religious, and is used extensively by nurses, doctors and healthcare professionals. Later, while Rinpoche was leading retreats in Germany and Australia, he would send through long faxes to Gaffney and Harvey full of corrections, changes and new paragraphs. He was testing the key chapters, for example on the Nature of Mind, the practice of meditation, compassion, Guru Yoga and Dzogchen, by teaching them directly, again and again, all over the world in retreats and courses. Some parts were corrected and re-written twenty five times. [3] We forget our impermanence on a daily basis, the advertisements got you chasing, collecting, upgrading stuff that’s not going with you. Who are you when you strip away everything you did not come into this world with?

This book is an extraordinary blessing: heartfelt, wise, practical, luminous—filled with inspiring stories, skilful teachings, and the great compassionate heart of the Buddha.” Sogyal Rinpoche’s book on Living and Dying is one of the first teachings on Vajrayana Buddhism from the Tibetan tradition that became accessible for people in the mainstream, those who were interested in the teachings on wisdom and compassion. I think the publication of this book was something historic and we must celebrate it as a moment in time when Buddhism really began to take root in the western in countries.” ( See more) I love this book with a passion. The Essential Phowa practice has sustained me through so much loss and I have practiced it countless times over many years.Besides illuminating insights into some of the most persistent questions of what it means to be a human being, it's written in extremely conversational and accessible language. Read it now!! Stand up, and resist these notions, because this life has a lot more to offer. Live in the present moment how to help someone who is dying, both practically and emotionally (11. Heart Advice on Helping the Dying) We advise that you should snatch this book because it most definitely deserves a place on your bookshelf. About Sogyal Rinpoche Spain's semi final hero fascinated by Buddhism, met Dalai Lama in 2007". Phayul . Retrieved 25 April 2012.

I read this book after my 11year old son was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I needed to find some spiritual form of understanding as to what was happening. Pema Düddul does not work for, consult, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organisation that would benefit from this article, and has disclosed no relevant affiliations beyond their academic appointment. PartnersAn extremely important (and relevant) carry-along during my half-year trip to North India, Nepal, and Bhutan. Rinpoche writes largely to a Western audience, so it doesn't surprise me that much of his content seems simplistic and applicable to the ordinary observer. Really, TBLD is just another book that explains the "intermediate" or "transitional" states of life and death, which are otherwise known as "bardos."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment