276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Mistress's Revenge

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The difference is that while most of us might fantasize about things we’d like to do to a lover who’s gone cold, Sally actually does them. Hello stranger,” she said, and I imagined her meeting your mildly quizzical gaze and mouthing the word “Sally” before lying back on the cushions so she didn’t see how your mouth froze into an O shape, or your fingers shook as they gripped the edges of the Times. she encouraged us along, you and I, swept up in the breathless illusion of romance with its reassuring elevation of passion over partnership. After you’d done the cleaning up—your way of showing appreciation for whatever culinary delights Susan had brought home from her up-market catering firm (successful businesswoman, former model, wife, mother, so very, very capable)—the two of you would have made your way upstairs.

She rambles too much and fills her journal with snide little asides that became distracting after a while.Not since Fatal Attraction has the fallout from an illicit affair been exposed in such a sharp, darkly funny, and disturbing way: The Mistress’s Revenge is a truly exciting fiction debut. I felt that I was back in school, forced to muscle my through books that failed to hold my interest. I wish that the law would allow you to suit personality someone who sexually engages with another who is in a marriage agreement. It is the story of Clive and his mistress,Sally, who have been having a five year long passionate affair.

Clive had had countless affairs and broken many hearts, thank heaven one finally caught up with him. I know Susan and I haven’t exactly been best friends—that Aussie accent can get in the way rather, don’t you think, softened though it undoubtedly is by nearly three decades in the UK. It's worth pushing past the first quarter of this book which was good, but when it really gets going it just sucks you in.

Sally is the female protagonist and the entire book is written from her perspective, I loved getting into her mind, I liked the book format unlike others. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. An interesting character study in which you essentially follow the main character's descent into mental instability due to heartbreak and depression following the after effects of poor choices. Written in journal form (first-person) this was difficult to get into at first because since it's from Sally's point of view and Sally is literally going insane and you can't help but want to slap some sense into her it's a bit rough going at first.

Even if, in some alternate universe, if I was able to do these things, I don’t know that I would feel satisfied. But while I wish I could say The Mistress’s Revenge was inspired by Jacobean melodrama or Shake­spearean tragedy, the truth is that Sally Islip owes much more to Fatal Attraction than to Hamlet, more to Tiger Woods’s mistresses than to Iago. In compliance with FTC guidelines, I am required to disclose that I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads Program. Clive has moved on, Sally just can't let go and this is her story, of her fall from a loving mum, wife and career woman to one who is fully obsessed with her ex and her world is crumbling around her. Someone could stalk you and unless the peson reached out and threatened you, you may never find out.I am ashamed to admit I did that (I had finally broken the habit) but after doing so, I had to finish the book to see how the ending came about. And sexing her ex-con first love will ensure his help—and keep her hot and satisfied through those lonely grieving nights . I am sure that we have all been the victim of unrequited love at some point in our lives, I know I certainly have, but Ms Cohen sums up how this feels so perfectly; the sadness, despair, frustration and anger you feel towards the object of your affection at some point.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment