276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Silentnight 39899 Dehumidifier / Controls Moisture Levels / Helps Allergies / Quiet and Portable,White,600ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Energy use Using just 40W of energy to run, the ProBreeze 1500ml Mini dehumidifier is very cheap to operate. I kept a close eye on my smart meter whilst using it and it didn’t even register, at current energy prices costing less that 1p per hour to run. Not only is this dehumidifier one of the most sleek and sophisticated dehumidifiers on the market today, but it’s also extremely clued up. From the auto-off feature that will automatically turn off when the tank is full to the added filter to reduce dust and particles in a room, it will be suited to any room in the house. Noise levels: Sadly noise levels are what lets this mini dehumidifier down. The brand measures them as 39dB, the loudest of all the low cost dehumidifiers in our round-up. And, for such a small unit, it does make a lot of noise. I found I couldn’t leave it on overnight because it irritated me, which is a shame as its light feature means it would otherwise have proved itself a good nightlight.

Said to be quiet enough for a good night’s sleep and small enough to be portable, it can be easily transported from room to room. Still, the CONOPU dehumidifier performed well during testing. I used it mostly in the kitchen to try to eliminate build up of condensation when I was cooking, and it worked really well at removing some of the excess moisture. In the bedroom, it got rid of some of the morning condensation but I have quite a large room so it struggled to keep up, and unfortunately its noise levels meant I opted not to leave it running all night long. More on that below. Emptying the water tank is also easy thanks to a user-friendly design that means you simply pull the tank out from the front of the machine. Then there’s a special water drain bung which you can lift up to effortlessly pour the water away.However, if you're able to extend your budget a little then it’s well worth looking at the Meaco Arete One Dehumidifier. This is more of an ivestment, but is our top-rated dehumidifier overall. Plus, it's quiet, easy to use, works superbly and is very energy-efficient compared to other compressor models. Its Smart Laundry Mode also makes it one of the best dehumidifiers for drying washing indoors. There are 10, 12, 20 and 25L models available, and, all offer a built-in air purifier that means they improve indoor air quality in more ways than one. You can get the full details in our MeacoDry Arete One Dehumidifier review. How we tested Noise levels: This is where the Silentnight 39899 really comes into its own. When switched on, its operating noise levels are just 25dBA, and when I say it’s whisper quiet, I mean it. I couldn't hear this dehumidifier whilst it was running at all. That makes it perfect for anywhere you want to maintain peace and quiet, and thanks to its green light, I thought it made the perfect addition to a kids bedroom, doubling up as a nightlight when its running. Quiet and portable - While small, this dehumidifier can still operate in areas up to 15m², making it perfect to hide in small spaces out of the way. The dehumidifier is easy to transport from room to room thanks to its light weight and at only 35db, the appliance runs quietly so you can still have a restful night’s sleep The appliance works to extract this moisture from the air, in turn helping you prevent dampness in your living space. This also makes it a great option for allergy sufferers, as the dehumidifier cleans the air of dust, mites, mould and mildew that thrive in humid environments.

Our second Silentnight 39899 dehumidifier alternative is the MeacoDry Arete One Dehumidifier. This is by far the best dehumidifier we've tested overall, and although it's an investment, if you're looking for a dehumidifier that can really perform, we think this is the one. Energy use: The Silentnight 39899 600ml dehumidifier also scores highly on energy efficiency. Although, as with the ProBreeze 1500ml, it's a shame there aren't any automatic humidity sensors so that the dehumidifier only switches on when it's needed (the MeacoDry Arete One Dehumidifier is our top recommendation in this respect), despite the fact it has to be left running, energy use is still relatively low thanks to its 23W energy use. That means it doesn't even cost 1p per hour to have running. Noise levels: Along with the Silentnight 39899 I found this one of the quietest low cost dehumidifiers in this round up. It produces 35dB of noise whilst operating, but I didn't really hear it running at all. A couple of times, I even had to lean in to make sure it was actually switched on! The main downside of a low cost dehumidifier is that the low price tag reflects a low extraction rate, which means they don't have the power to remove that much moisture from the air.Can help allergies - Allergens and allergy triggers such as dust mites, mould and mildew thrive in humid environments with poor air circulation such as bathrooms. By reducing the level of humidity and moisture, this dehumidifier will help to reduce allergy triggers and deter household pests while also improving your air quality That’s before we mention the constant battle with condensation on your windows and an ongoing struggle to dry your clothes. But a good dehumidifier can help to balance this humidity, keeping your home at a healthy equilibrium - and the new Silentnight Dehumidifier at Lidl seems like it’s perfect for the job. When the dehumidifier is in operation, a green light tells you it's on, this light turns orange when the tank is full and the dehumidifier will automatically shut off when tank capacity is reached. However, I tested the Challenge 0.5 Litre Mini Dehumidifier several times in my kitchen whilst cooking and found it collected excess moisture caused by steamy conditions efficiently.

Noise levels This dehumidifier uses a Peltier condenser that means there's no noisy compressor to disturb you, however, that doesn't make the ProBreeze 1500ml Mini dehumidifier totally silent, there's still the noise of the fan to adjust to. I left it running in my bedroom overnight, and although the 40dBA noise is noticable and initially bothered me, I soon zoned it out. Plus, there’s no varying fan speed which means its white noise is easier to ignore.Now that the weather has turned and winter is on the horizon, it’s more important than ever to know what humidity a room should be. Too humid, and you risk living in a mouldy house full of warped furniture and struggling asthmatics.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment