276°
Posted 20 hours ago

El Dorado 12 Years Rum 700 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With its deep amber hue and a tantalising flavour profile that balances notes of vanilla, caramel, and exotic spices, El Dorado 12-Year-Old is a masterclass in rum crafting. Without getting into a very subjective tasting breakdown, this is a well balanced and rounded rum with real depth of flavour and incredible mouth feel and a taste that lingers. Bottom line: this isn't the best rum, but it is doing a lot right for fans of rum and I don't want any of the negative points I've raised to take away from the "integrity" progress this brand has made.

Honestly, it's a REALLY good rum, my personal favourite before this was Havana Club 7 Year, but this has topped it, and is now my "good rum" that I keep in the house. London has hosted the Caribbean Rum tasting awards for 10 years and of those this Rum has achieved Gold for 7 years! The distinctive El Dorado flavour characterised by a deep mellowness, is a product of three centuries of time-honoured tradition, the handing down of skills from generation to generation and preserving the character within.

Take your senses on a journey to Guyana, and discover why El Dorado is a globally celebrated name in premium rums. El Dorado exists to create deeper, more richly crafted rum experiences for drinkers to explore and savour longer. A vibrant entry leads to an evolving palate of fruit, caramel and toasted coconut fading to a vanilla tinted glow.

El Dorado 5-Year-Old Gold rum is a captivating blend that presents a fruity, rich, and buttery profile, with a beautiful golden hue. The story of Demerara Distillers Limited (DDL) begins in 1670 with the amalgamation of local sugar cane producers under the guidance of early European explorers. Created on the banks of Demerara, our smooth and uniquely complex El Dorado aged rums represent over 300 years of Caribbean rum crafting. A superbly rich amber coloured Guyanese Rum distilled strictly from local Demerara sugar cane juice grown on the banks of the Demerara river to produce a rich vanilla, roasted coffee and chocolate aroma followed by a well balanced and silky smooth palate with notes of dried fruit, tobacco and spice.Alles in allem bin ich vom Geruch angetan, geschmacklich ausgewogen und sehr mild sagt mir der 12 Jährige zu. El Dorado 12 Year Old Rum is presented in a bottle honouring the flasks discarded by Dutch sailors and then used Guyanan sugar planters as a vessel to hold their early rums. Only when ripe with age are these precious rums then artfully blended, revealing their soul for you to savour and enjoy.

They mention that it is soft in the mouth with great density and silky flow, and is a smooth drink that rum drinkers would enjoy. Today, Demerara Distillers Limited operates the last remaining distillery in Guyana at Plantation Diamond on the East Bank of the Demerara River, after having consolidated all the old original stills and marques which make Demerara Rum so distinctive. This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services.

Non è un rum superdolce tipo Don Papa, è un rum più classico, però ha un gusto molto rotondo e anche se nei primi momenti percepirai l'alcol, la sua dolcezza si farà via via più seducente man mano che lo tieni in bocca. To my mind, this incarnation of El Dorado 12 is better than its predecessor but isn't going to wow the masses in the same way. This glorious, full-bodied rum of exquisite taste and character was launched in late 2002 and has quickly established itself as one of the finest on the market. They also appreciate the deep, smooth taste and the fact that it's a proper rum, unlike many others.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment