276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir Eau de Toilette Perfume for Men, 200 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You had all those spices and you had that booziness of the absinthe that really came together and created this almost oozing, unctuous flavour that sits quite nicely on the skin. Drakkar Noir’s Life-Cycle, Wake & Strength

Wawn, Andrew (1994). Northern Antiquity: The Post-medieval Reception of Edda and Saga. Hisarlik Press. p.78. ISBN 9781874312185. a b c Singh, S. (2008). Business Practices in Emerging and Re-Emerging Markets. Springer. p.141. ISBN 9780230611016. In the following section, we’ll break down Drakkar Noir, and aromatic fougère fragrance, with its individual notes and accords. Head Notes Cardona, Mercedes M. (24 February 2002). "L'Oreal launches ad effort for Drakkar Noir fragrance". AdAge . Retrieved 22 April 2018. Produced by Guy Laroche, Drakkar Noir is a classy fragrance that is guaranteed to win your heart. It was presented to the world in 1982. Pierre Wargnye is the designer behind this poignant creation. Sometimes referred to as aromatic water, EdTs, such as this one, are more diluted than EdPs and thus provide a shorter "staying power" of between 2-3 hours. Because they are lighter, they are a common choice for office wear. Sweeping Structure

Closing Thoughts

Butler, H. (2013). Poucher's Perfumes, Cosmetics and Soaps. Springer Science & Business Media. p.348. ISBN 9789401727341. Meanwhile, the time of day, this is probably an evening or a nighttime fragrance, but it could be worn during the day as well especially given that, in terms of occasion, I believe that this is very much an office fragrance. However, I wasn’t fond of the atomiser. It’s very short in range and produces a narrow mist. If you don’t press it decisively, it shoots out the fragrance like a water gun. In the film 10 Things I Hate About You, Kat Stratford (played by Julia Stiles) complains about prom, saying "Do you really wanna get all dressed up, so some Drakkar Noir-wearing dexter with a boner can feel you up while you're forced to listen to a band that, by definition, blows?

a b c d Elliott, Stuart (4 December 1991). "The Media Business: Advertising: A Men's Fragrance Responds to the Winds of Change". The New York Times. In the Titans's Season 4 Episode 6 "Brother Blood", when asked about the smell, Superboy states that it's Drakkar Noir If you're in my age group, say 40s, looking to date younger women, then the Drakkar Intense, is sweeter, spicier, darker and has more complexity than its predecessor. However, if you're looking for value the Drakkar Noir certainly hangs around longer. In fact a lot longer. The Drakkar Intense does get a lot of compliments, but only within the first couple of hours of application. a b c Danesi, Marcel (2016). Of Cigarettes, High Heels, and Other Interesting Things: An Introduction to Semiotics. Springer. p.196. ISBN 9780230612785. In reality if I were doing a blind smell test, I would have not joined the dots on these fragrances coming from the same house. I know the Drakker Intense is a flanker for the very first Drakker fragrance, and they are very different in terms of composition and ingredients, I didn't really see a through-line or a signature that would put these two fragrances next to each other.The Drakker Intense is a modern fragrance and has all the character traits of what you might think a modern man should smell like. The Drakkar Noir has a more of a barbershop smell. The dry down is more impactful and the leather notes give it a firm landing. I think the Drakkar Noir is a scent that still holds up, I believe people buy it either out of nostalgia or they might be looking for a very mature scent.

At the heart, we have some coriander a little bit of spiciness but it’s still quite green. There’s some spiciness as well with cinnamon, which is accompanied by juniper, specifically the leaves rather than the berries. Romanelli, David (2009). Yeah Dave's Guide to Livin' the Moment: Getting to Ecstasy Through Wine, Chocolate and Your iPod Playlist. Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale. p.14. ISBN 9780767931625. Although it’s tempting to compare it to gin, the alcoholic spirit I’m really thinking of here is absinthe, especially given the presence of both Artemisia and the wormwood, which provides a slight bitter oiliness. Base Notes Although it’s very much representative of that era, it clashes with the trends today, as well as fragrances from that period and earlier, that have aged much, much better.If you're gifting one of these to a friend or loved one the Drakkar Intense is a safer bet, but if you want to buy someone something truly unique then opt for the Drakkar Noir. Available where? In terms of performance, this is an aromatic fougère that gives you decent enough sillage but it leaves a bit to be desired. It does leave a trail but it’s a little bit limited. The projection is quite focused. You have a very short, small scent bubble. Regarding our overall usage impressions, I think Drakkar Noir would probably be a fragrance best suited to people in their late 30s or early 40s. For anyone older, I would consider something somewhat more refined and mature.

However, I would refrain from wearing it during formal occasions and it’s too imposing for casual wear. In terms of masculinity, it’s a strong fragrance but it’s a lot milder than many colognes from the era. Combining the the austere notes of a fougère with herbs and woods of an aromatic, this blend provides a classic masculine impression. When this particular product is first applied, bergamot, basil, lemon verbena, lavender, mugwort, rosemary and lemon are recognisable. These gradually fade, making way for middle notes of carnation, cinnamon, jasmine, coriander and juniper. The experience reaches a pinnacle with a base of sandalwood, oak moss, amber, vetiver, leather, fir, patchouli and cedar. (Vetiver, sometimes called khus, is a grass similar to citronella and native to India.) Guy Laroche Fragrances: Price UK Unfortunately, I do indeed agree to a certain extent. I feel that this is a fragrance may struggle against a lot of the modern heavy hitters. Some people feel that it smelled a little bit odd as well. It seemed to have an unusual bouquet that didn’t quite correspond to their expectations. a b Herman, Barbara (2013). Scent and Subversion: Decoding a Century of Provocative Perfume. Rowman & Littlefield. p.185. ISBN 9781493002023.Overall, the base is very resinous rather than being too herbaceous. You’re really getting the sap and the resin compared to the heart, which was quite balsamic.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment