276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Intel Core i9-13900KF Gaming Desktop Processor 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) - Unlocked

£256.865£513.73Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Office and web applications are typically single-threaded, so running a single application won't take advantage of a many-core CPU. Professional tools are often well optimized to use many cores. CPU cores allow tools to parallelize processing tasks. Increasing the number of cores can divide the time required to process a task if the tool has good multi-threading support. If you’re looking for something primarily for gaming, there are a lot of other options that you can consider, as the Core i9-13900K doesn’t really offer a lot of extra performance over, say, the Core i5-12600K, the Ryzen 7 7700X, or even the Ryzen 7 5700X. If you’re on a budget, it’s likely better to opt for one of these more affordable CPUs and put what you save toward a better graphics card. This is also our advice if you own a small form factor, mini-ITX PC. Turbo boost frequencies are only achieved under ideal circumstances. However, with adequate cooling, you may be able to maintain speeds near the max boost frequency.

Overall, we concluded that the ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E motherboard strikes a balance between performance and functionality, offering an exceptional gaming experience. With its advanced features and versatile connectivity options, this motherboard is a reliable choice for gamers looking to elevate their gameplay. Fran- said:Holy cow, I know you teased this yesterday in the Discord, but great work with this investigation. The Intel Core i9-13900KF's 8 Performance cores have a 3.00 GHz base frequency and support a 5.40 GHz max turbo boost frequency. Based on our evaluation of using Intel's Core i9-13900KF CPU for gaming, you can expect excellent game performance with a high-performance CPU cooler.

See our best Z690 motherboards for some ideas, as they will be more affordable than the newer Z790s). Essentially bonks its competitors and its predecessors over the head with insanely good performance in every possible area. But, if you’re someone like me who enjoys a bit of casual gaming without a dedicated GPU, the 13900K might be the way to go. It offers a decent gaming experience for lighter titles and is a lifesaver in case your primary graphics card decides to take a coffee break. Thermal Matters Overall, Intel came out better than what I would have expected to be honest, so I'd love to see those additions to this piece and then do the same testing on Ryzen and other Intel models (although I think it's fair to extrapolate from highest SKU).

It's good to see that the 13900K can be cooled to 74C at peak load with a cheap cooler, using a 200W power limit. I hope this puts to rest all the partisan carping about RPL needing expensive high-end AIOs. People always tend to believe the worst in things they don't like. While in the past a CPU hitting its peak temperature was cause for concern, enthusiasts are going to have to learn to accept high temperatures as “normal” while running demanding workloads with Raptor Lake and Ryzen 7000 CPUs. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details. This article compares Intel's Core i9-13900KF and Core i9-13900F desktop CPUs. We evaluated Intel's Core i9-13900KF and Core i9-13900F desktop CPUs to determine which would be better for various use cases. We shaped our testing methodology to focus on each CPU's attributes rather than relying solely on benchmarks.

Raptor Lake processors will run just fine inside of existing Alder Lake motherboards, but Intel also launched a new Z790 chipset for Raptor Lake, too. Based on our evaluation of using Intel's Core i9-13900K CPU for gaming, you can expect excellent game performance with a high-performance CPU cooler. With the highest CPU test scores we've seen, there’s no question that Intel’s Core i9-13900K is the fastest consumer-oriented CPU you can buy, earning it our Editors' Choice award. Does that mean it's right for you? It depends on what else you're considering. We found that the MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4 motherboard offered superior connectivity as well. Its 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port enables speedy file transfers, surpassing typical home internet speeds. Wi-Fi 6E technology provides fast wireless connections, making online gaming and streaming seamless. Plus, Bluetooth 5.3 support allows convenient music streaming to Bluetooth headphones.

When it comes to processors, we look at four key metrics: synthetic single and multi-core performance, "general" performance, creative performance, and gaming performance. Intel's Core i9-13900F CPUs have 8 Performance cores (P-cores) and 16 Efficiency cores (E-cores) for a total of 24 cores. No way would I take my 13900kf that is a virgin to that ILS and soil it. Sure my 12700k didn't see much difference in temps with my Prime Z690 P ILS, but there was a depression that will always be there at least a little. Processors that support 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture require an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Where things get a little more interesting is the power draw and thermal performance. The 16 E-cores on the 13900K’s die mean that average power use is very low compared to just about any other high-end CPU, which is great for when you’re just running everyday tasks on your PC and means that you get better performance per watt than any other chip on the market right now.Based on our evaluation of using Intel's Core i9-13900KF CPU for professional tools, you can expect excellent tool performance with a high-performance CPU cooler. Furthermore, our analysis revealed that DDR5 supports significantly higher-capacity DIMMs, with an impressive 256 GB compared to DDR4's 64 GB.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment