276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pair of Zimmer Walking Frame (Walker) Glides Skis Includes Ferrules (25mm) by Lifeswonderful

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re looking to spice up your winter escapades, Walker Skis can offer you a unique experience. These special skis are designed to help people walk on snow and ice without slipping. They provide traction and stability that ordinary boots or shoes may not be able to give especially during cold weathers. Choose the Right Walker: Look for a baby walker with wheels designed for use on hardwood floors. Some walkers come with silicone or rubber wheels that are less likely to scratch or mark the floor. To prevent chair legs from scratching your hardwood floors, consider using felt pads, rubber leg caps, or silicone floor protectors. These protective items can be easily attached to the bottom of chair legs, providing a barrier between the furniture and the floor to avoid scratches and scuff marks. Make sure to clean the floor protectors regularly and replace them when they become worn out. What can I put on my hardwood floors to protect them? In addition to their aesthetic value, walker skis are lightweight yet durable. They typically weigh less than a pound each but can withstand the weight of a person leaning on them without breaking or bending. This makes them easily transportable and perfect for traveling. Baby walkers, particularly those with hard plastic wheels, can cause significant damage to hardwood floors over time as they are moved and dragged and scratch wood floors.

Protecting Hardwood Floors from Walker Wheels involves the use of floor-friendly materials such as felt pads or silicone caps that can be attached to the wheels. Regular maintenance of both the walker and the floors ensures minimal damage. Area rugs and playmats offer additional protection and reduce wear on high-traffic areas. Walker skis have been around since the early 20th century and were originally designed for people who had difficulty walking due to paralysis or weakened muscles. These skis provide additional support, stability, and mobility to individuals with walkers or crutches. They are best used on indoor surfaces because they will speed up your movement on most indoor floor types.To protect hardwood floors from scratch marks, you can use walker glide attachments or walker tennis balls. These items are specifically designed to minimize friction between the walker and the floor, reducing the risk of scratches and scuff marks. Rubber tips or soft silicone caps are also available for walker legs to provide additional protection from walker users. Do walker skis scratch flooring? If you are looking for an alternative to traditional walkers, walker skis may be just what you need. These attachments clip onto the bottom of your existing walker and transform it into a more versatile mobility aid that can handle rough terrain with ease.

Walker skis are a type of adaptive skiing equipment designed for individuals with mobility impairments such as amputations or spinal cord injuries. These skis have been developed to help people enjoy alpine sports despite physical limitations, allowing them the freedom and enjoyment that comes from gliding down a mountain slope. The use of Walker skis is gaining popularity across North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia among both disabled individuals looking for an outlet in the winter sport industry and adaptive instructors who offer this fun yet challenging activity adapted around personal needs. For those who struggle with mobility issues or disabilities, walker skis provide a level playing field where everyone can participate in winter sports. With adjustable straps and simple controls, these attachments accommodate a wide range of physical abilities while maintaining safety standards. “As someone with cerebral palsy, I never thought skiing was something I could do until I discovered walker skis. They’ve allowed me to feel free and adventurous in ways I never imagined possible.” – Jake T. , adaptive athleteWhat can I put on my hardwood floors to protect them? Key Takeaways on Protect Hardwood Floors from Baby Walker Wheels Don’t let slippery conditions keep you from enjoying the great outdoors this winter- invest in a pair of practical and affordable winter walkers. Stay safe while exploring snow covered streets. Are they easy to use? A wood floor is avaluable assets that add beauty and elegance to a home. But, they are susceptible to scratches, dents, and damage from various sources, including baby walker wheels. In addition to providing smoother movement, walker skis also protect the bottoms of walkers. Because they reduce friction between the walker and ground surface, they prevent damage to the rubber tips at the end of walkers. This means less money spent on replacing worn-out walkers!

However, while these skis may offer an excellent solution for navigating snowy paths, they are not suitable for all types of winter activities such as water sports like water skiing. Wheel Covers: Consider purchasing or making soft covers for the walker’s wheels. These can be slipped over the wheels to provide a soft barrier between the hard plastic and the wood. One of the main advantages of walker skis is their versatility. Unlike traditional downhill skis, which require specific terrain and conditions, walker skis are perfectly suited for a variety of snow-covered landscapes. From gentle hills to more challenging inclines, these attachments give you complete control over your speed and direction while keeping you stable and secure. “Walker skis are great because they allow me to stay active during the colder months without worrying about slipping or falling. They give me confidence on the snowy ground.” – Emily W. , avid outdoorswoman If you’re looking for an affordable way to move around more easily without having to rely heavily on others – then consider getting yourself some lifesaving family-friendly walker skis today!! Perfect for lazy winter walksIf your walker wheels are causing damage to your hardwood floors, it may be time to replace them. Look for wheels that are made specifically for hardwood floors, as these will be designed to be gentle on the surface. Whether you’re looking for a thrilling experience in nature or simply want to navigate slippery sidewalks during the winter months, Walker Skis are an excellent choice. Try them out for yourself and see just how versatile and useful they can be! Good on gravel and dirt paths Some types of wheels that are good for hardwood floors include rubber, polyurethane, and non-marking wheels. When replacing your walker wheels, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to ensure that the new wheels are installed properly. Using Rugs or Carpets If you think walker skis are only for seniors who want support when taking walks in winter wonderlands like Yellowstone National Park, then think again. There is so much activity out there for which spiky additions would be beneficial. For instance mail carriers and delivery personnel whose job entails several stops throughout snowy neighborhoods will find them useful. “As an active postal worker with numerous deliveries each day, these walker skis have been heaven-sent, ” said Jane Smith. Parents and caregivers can select walkers with wheels designed for hardwood surfaces, which help in preserving the floor’s finish. Cleaning the wheels regularly to remove debris that can scratch or mark the flooring is also essential. Soft wheel materials like rubber are less harsh on hardwood compared to hard plastic.

Small Wheels: Walkers with small wheels can also cause damage to hardwood floors. The small wheels can dig into the floor and cause scratches and scuffs. Soft Plastic Wheels: Soft plastic wheels are another good option for protecting hardwood floors. They are softer than hard plastic wheels, which means they are less likely to cause damage.• I’ve never felt more secure walking around frozen lakes than when I’m using my walker skis.” – Rebecca H. All things considered, if you’re looking who wants stable footing and increased safety but also want a bit more exercise? Then investing in some reliable pair of walker skis will effectively cater all needs better than conventional footwear options. Do they come in different styles? The wooden style brings a sense of nostalgia and authenticity to an otherwise modern medical device.” – John Smith, physical therapist

Browse by contract

I remember my grandmother used to love going on daily walks around her neighborhood with her trusty walker by her side. But whenever it snowed outside, she would always get frustrated because using the walker was difficult and uncomfortable on slippery sidewalks. That’s when we discovered walker skis. Now she could glide over fresh snow without worrying about falls or tumbles, making each walk much easier than before. “I never knew there were such things as walker skis! They’ve made all the difference in helping me enjoy my daily walks even when it’s cold and icy outside.” – Priscilla P. Metal Wheels: Metal wheels are another type of walker wheels that can cause damage to hardwood floors. They can leave deep scratches and dents on the floor.•

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment