276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Miele Triflex HX1 Cat and Dog for pet hair - 3 in 1 Cordless vacuum cleaner handstick, handheld and upright in one, with replaceable battery for up to 60 mins run-time - Obsidian Black (11410150)

£207.69£415.38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The price is at a sweet spot for the performance it brings to the table. You could argue that the Cat & Dog offers more, but it’s slightly overpriced, in my opinion. Miele's tech made the Trifle HX2 Pro a dream to use when transitioning from carpets to hard floors, with the level of suction remaining consistent. Manually switching between the speed settings was just as easy. We preferred the Eco and Max settings, since we have long-pile wool carpet in our home; the Min setting just didn't cut it for us. However, when switching settings, it took a second or so for the vacuum cleaner to power up or change gears – enough time to be noticeable – so this vacuum isn't as responsive as some other vacuum cleaners we've tested.

Even with the upright configuration, the Triflex’s dirt volume is below average at only 0.5 liters. It has the same toolset as the base HX1 but with the handheld electrobrush, Miele’s version of a mini turbo brush. Note that the vacuum's 0.5-litre dust container is small. Our upstairs wool carpets are relatively new, so we found that we were having to empty the container at least once between vacuuming that floor and the stairs and ground floor. The dust container also proved a little fiddly to empty; you need to remove the dust canister from the main unit and then twist open the lid to remove the filter and dirt.It also comes with an extra battery that doubles the run time from 60 minutes (claimed) to 120 minutes. Dustbin design and capacity So when I saw this product, I was a bit surprised, but with the growing interest in cordless vacuums, it shouldn’t come as such. How does this compare with its rivals? It’s similar to the Bosch Serie 8 cordless vacuum we reviewed last year and better overall than the cheaper Vax Blade 4 but it lags behind the Dyson V8, V10 and V11. Cleaning carpet is where the Miele Triflex HX1 excels with its above-average airflow and brush roll design. This board width enables it to vacuum more debris than a narrower head but at the expense of portability.

Excellent carpet cleaning performance: The Triflex HX1 is built to clean this surface well thanks to the wide nozzle and stiff bristles. However, it did not pass the fog test, and there were visible leaks at the exhaust. Cleaning nozzle But I wouldn’t spend extra for the Cat & Dog model because its handheld ergonomics is less than ideal.I tested the Miele Triflex HX1 with various debris like quaker oats, quinoa, pet litter, sand, coffee grounds, and hair.

The brush roll is on the slim side with stiff bristles, which is why it didn’t do well with longer hair strands (more on that later). It comes with a swappable rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which lasts up to a quoted 60 minutes, along with a selection of cleaning attachments, which vary depending on the model you buy. As with most cordless vacuums it’s bagless but the dust collection bin is quite small, so you’ll have to empty it quite frequently.

Availability of parts

It only has a traditional brush roll, and while Miele says it’s “multi-floor,” I wouldn’t recommend it on hard floors.

Aside from its struggles with quaker oats, it did well with other types of debris like coffee grounds, sand, and quinoa. In my opinion, the unsealed result is the most accurate since it has the least number of variables and represents the working suction of a vacuum.

With a removable 2,500mAh, 25.2V lithium-ion battery – which plugs directly into the supplied mains adapter – and a filter you never need to replace, the Miele TriFlex HX1 is a practical beast. Indeed, if you shell out for the top model you also get a pair of batteries for your money, which means you can leave one charging while cleaning with the other, then swap over when the juice runs low. You can get two batteries out of the box by purchasing the HX1 Pro, plus an extra charger. Ergonomics and Usability

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment