276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sun Arrow STUDIO GHIBLI - Peluche Totoro Bleu - 25 cm, K-537,Blue

£22.49£44.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hayao Miyazaki helped lead conservation efforts in Sayama Hills in Saitama. A large protected forested area came to be designated as "Totoro Forest No.1". Kihara Hirokatsu "Two Totoros, The Age of Hayao Miyazaki and My Neighbor Totoro" (Kodansha, September 2018). Staff Recollection

My Neighbor Totoro Film Comic, Vol. 1". Viz Media. Archived from the original on May 11, 2021 . Retrieved January 24, 2020. In several of Miyazaki's initial conceptual watercolors, as well as on the theatrical release poster and on later home video releases, only one young girl is depicted, rather than two sisters. According to Miyazaki, "If she was a little girl who plays around in the yard, she wouldn't be meeting her father at a bus stop, so we had to come up with two girls instead. And that was difficult." Many children may be confused as to what Totoro actually is. They may think that Totoro is just another name for troll. But Totoro is actually a very different creature. He is a shinigami, or a “God of Death.” Hayao Miyazaki often places hidden meanings in his films. Due to the massive success of My Neighbor Totoro, locations set or inspired by the film became popular tourist spots.My Neighbor Totoro VHD -Tokuma Shoten / Tokuma Japan / Tokuma Communications 98HD-1003 (September 25, 1988) In 2023, the film was re-released in 970 United States locations as part of celebrations to mark the 35th anniversary of its first theatrical release, [36] with showings in both Japanese with English subtitles and with the English dub. [37] [38] Home media [ edit ] Miyazaki, Hayao (May 28, 1988). フィルムコミック となりのトトロ (4)[ Film Comic My Neighbour Totoro (4)] (in Japanese). Tokyo: Tokuma Shoten. ISBN 978-4-19-778564-3. Archived from the original on January 13, 2014 . Retrieved January 13, 2014. My Neighbour Totoro - film review". www.standard.co.uk. May 24, 2013. Archived from the original on March 3, 2022 . Retrieved March 3, 2022. Miyazaki, Hayao; Kubo, Tsugiko (October 1, 2013). My Neighbor Totoro: The Novel. Illustrated by Hayao Miyazaki. Viz Media, Imprint: Studio Ghibli Library. ISBN 978-1-4215-6120-2. Archived from the original on August 12, 2017.

My Neighbor Totoro received critical acclaim and has amassed a worldwide cult following in the years after its release. It won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize and the Mainichi Film Award and Kinema Junpo Award for Best Film in 1988. It also received the Special Award at the Blue Ribbon Awards in the same year. The very young Studio Ghibli, then two years old, thus found itself managing and producing two films with seemingly no real commercial appeal at the same time, over a record period of only one year. Two possibilities were then considered: turning over the films in two six-month periods or dividing the studio in two and making the films jointly. The first possibility raised the question of whether the team would be able to direct Takahata's film and then immediately shift to Miyazaki's while managing the staff's energy and enthusiasm. In the end, the second solution was chosen and almost every animator who collaborated on Castle in the Sky went on to work on My Neighbor Totoro, excepting only Yoshifumi Kondō who, at Takahata's request, joined the Grave of the Fireflies team as director of animation. Summer 1994 - The Streamline Pictures English dub is released on VHS in the United States by Fox Video. My Neighbor Totoro Film Comic, Vol. 4". Viz Media. Archived from the original on May 11, 2021 . Retrieved January 24, 2020. Totoros are the physical representation of the tree and forest spirits. They are often found on toriis – small road shrines or shrine gates. The name, “Totoro,” is a mispronunciation of the Japanese word “troll”. This fact is something Satsuki tries to explain to Mei.Comments, Jeremy Konrad | (March 16, 2023). "My Neighbor Totoro Returning To Theaters For Anniversary Screenings". Bleeding Cool . Retrieved April 20, 2023. My Neighbor Totoro received numerous awards, including the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize, the Mainichi Film Award, and Kinema Junpo Award for Best Film in 1988. It also received the Special Award at the Blue Ribbon Awards in the same year. The film is considered as one of the top animation films, ranking 41st in Empire magazine's "The 100 Best Films of World Cinema" in 2010 and the number-one animated film on the 2012 Sight & Sound critics' poll of all-time greatest films. [2] [3] The film and its titular character have become cultural icons, and made multiple cameo appearances in other films. Totoro also serves as the mascot for Studio Ghibli and is recognized as one of the most popular characters in Japanese animation. The opening to March 30, 1990's episode of Nippon Television's Friday Road SHOW! featuring Totoro's debut on television. If you know any Studio Ghibli fan, making them one (or more) of these 7 magically easy Totoro crochet patterns will really make their day!

This pattern is a little bit different as it is a crocheted wall hanging which is ideal for a nursery wall or child’s bedroom. What makes this wall hanging great is that it is ideal for beginners who want to work on their basic stitches and colorwork as it eventually makes a picture of the Ghibli trolls that will fit into any kind of room and brighten it up. Tetsuya Endo noted numerous animation techniques were used in the film. For example, ripples were designed with "two colors of high-lighting and shading" and the rain for My Neighbor Totoro was "scratched in the cels" and superimposed for it to convey a soft feel. [6] :156 The animators stated one month was taken to create the tadpoles, which included four colors; the water for it was also blurred. [6] :154 Music [ edit ] After the rights to the Streamline dub expired in 2004, [42] Walt Disney Home Entertainment re-released the movie on DVD on March 7, 2006, with Disney's newly produced English dub and the original Japanese version. The company reissued My Neighbor Totoro, as well as Castle in the Sky, and Kiki's Delivery Service, with updated cover art highlighting its Studio Ghibli origins, on March 2, 2010, coinciding with the US DVD and Blu-ray debut of Ponyo. My Neighbor Totoro was re-released by Disney on Blu-Ray on May 21, 2013. GKIDS re-issued the film on Blu-ray and DVD on October 17, 2017. [43]My Neighbor Totoro Drama Edition Tokuma Japan Communications ((Reissue CD / November 21, 1996) TKCA-71028 (Original Edition / February 25, 1989))

The place name near the Urawa Tokorozawa Bypass Matsugo intersection in the eastern part of Tokorozawa City is said to have become a model of "Matsugo" where the Kusakabe family lives. Totoro is one of the most iconic Japanese animated characters of all time. His character has captured the imagination of both children and adults. His terribly cute face and charming nature have made him a successful cultural icon and a profitable property for Studio Ghibli. Totoro has even become the studio’s logo. This is a key aspect to remember when exploring the western versions of the film. For those who are fans of the film and want to create the other characters then this is the perfect choice for you.Miyazaki stated that the story was initially intended to be set in 1955, however, the team was not thorough in the research and instead worked on a setting "in the recent past". [6] :33 The film was originally set to be an hour long but during production it grew to respond to the social context, including the reason for the move and the father's occupation. [6] :54 Eight animators worked on the film, which was completed in eight months. [11] million My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ , Tonari no Totoro) is an animated film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, produced by Toru Hara and animated by Studio Ghibli for Tokuma Shoten. It premiered alongside Grave of the Fireflies as a double-feature on April 16, 1988. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the amount of choice available which is why we have gathered the best Totoro crochet patterns available on the market so you can make the best products while working on your skills. In the UK, the film's Studio Ghibli anniversary release appeared on the annual lists of ten-best-selling foreign language films on home video for five consecutive years, ranking number seven in 2015, [48] number six in 2016 [49] and 2017, [50] number one in 2018, [51] and number two in 2019 below Spirited Away. [52] Reception [ edit ]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment