276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jolly Foul Play: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery, 4)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This time our girls are going to Hong Kong. Hazel's grandfather has passed away, and her father would like her to be home for a while. Of course this is 1936, and they don't have all the awesome travel-methods we have these days, so she will miss the funeral + some other things, but she will be home for the mourning period. After a 30 day trip per boat (which to me sounds pretty epic though I may also get bored after a week or 2 :P) they will arrive home.

Robin Stevens succeeds yet again in keeping us hooked with this witty and thoroughly entertaining storyline. This time Daisy and Hazel are on Hazel’s home turf - Hong Kong, and solving a complex case connected to her family. Hazel being deeply invested in the case and Daisy being out if her depth might hinder their deductions a bit but in the end the girls will triumph and the truth will be revealed.😉 Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong have returned to Deepdean School for a new school term, but nothing is the same. There’s a new Head Girl, Elizabeth Hurst, and a team of Prefects – and these bullying Big Girls are certainly not good eggs.PDF / EPUB File Name: Jolly_Foul_Play__A_Murder_Most_Unladylike_-_Robin_Stevens.pdf, Jolly_Foul_Play__A_Murder_Most_Unladylike_-_Robin_Stevens.epub I can't wait to see what the next book will bring and what kind of mystery the girls will have to solve there. When the two arrive at the family home Hazel has an unpleasant surprise. Her father's second wife (yes, he has two) has just given him a baby boy, Teddy. Hazel loves her two little half-sisters, but takes an immediate dislike to Teddy. All of her father's focus is now on Teddy, and her beloved maid has been given to Teddy. Do you see why I think we may have a new mystery to investigate? The other girls in our dorm, Kitty, Beanie and Lavinia, will help me and Daisy – but I wishit would be useful to have the Junior Pinkertons on the case as well. Will you and George help as well?

Robin's books are: Murder Most Unladylike (Murder is Bad Manners in the USA), Arsenic for Tea (Poison is Not Polite in the USA), First Class Murder, Jolly Foul Play, Mistletoe and Murder, Cream Buns and Crime, A Spoonful of Murder, Death in the Spotlight and Top Marks for Murder. She is also the author of The Guggenheim Mystery, the sequel to Siobhan Dowd's The London Eye Mystery. Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are the stars of the Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries. Murder Most Unladylike (Murder is Bad Mannersin the USA ), Arsenic for Tea (Poison is Not Politein the USA ), First Class Murder, Jolly Foul Play, Mistletoe and Murder, the Cream Buns and Crimeseries companion, A Spoonful of Murder, Death in the Spotlight, Top Marks for Murder, Death Sets Sail and my book of Murder Most Unladylike short stories, Once Upon a Crime, are out now in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India, Hong Kong and everywhere the Puffin editions are sold. I wish I could have seen Daisy's look during the trip, as I am sure she pulled some great faces. :P Robin was born in California and grew up in an Oxford college, across the road from the house where Alice in Wonderland lived. She has been making up stories all her life.All the books in this series are written really well and not only that but the author comes up with really good mysteries for the characters to decipher. Questa volta siamo ad Hong Kong, e non più in Gran Bretagna, e questo cambiamento si è visto non solo nei luoghi e nelle tradizioni cinesi, ma anche nel capovolgimento del rapporto fra le due investigatrici: è Hazel ad essere la vera protagonista, solo lei parla e capisce il cantonese, e Daisy si ritrova, suo malgrado, ad essere la spalla. The schools themselves, and the teachers who looked after me! Shenley Brook End Secondary School, Two Mile Ash School, Hampton Junior School, Trafalgar Junior School, Burford School, Henry Box School, Heartsease Primary Academy, Norwich High School for Girls, Streatham and Clapham Prep School and Corpus Christi Catholic School. I met so many brilliant students, who asked fantastic questions and had wonderful ideas. Thank you for being such excellent audiences!

Il libro è diviso in 6 parti e composto da capitoli molto brevi e scorrevoli, che si leggono senza problemi.Many girls at Deepdean had reason to hate Elizabeth, but who might have committed such foul play? Could the murder be linked to the secrets and scandals, scribbled on scraps of paper, that are suddenly appearing around the school? And with their own friendship falling to pieces, how will Daisy and Hazel solve this mystery? Two weeks. Five days. Ten schools. Ten train journeys. Three hotels. Five bookstores. And six bunbreaks (at a conservative estimate). The Jolly Foul Play schools tour was the most exciting, exhausting and amazing thing I’ve ever done as an author. Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are taking a holiday on the world-famous Orient Express - and it's clear that each of their fellow first-class passengers has something to hide.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment