276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Manual for Being Human: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Absolutely brilliant. A gold mine of coping skills to get us through life. I will be keeping copies in my therapy room and my own home. Do not skip this one.' -- Dr Julie

There is a damn good reason why people are struggling. We are not raised to understand ourselves. In fact, we are raised misunderstanding ourselves and fearing the very thing that makes us, us.’ Dr SophDr Soph is the therapist and best friend that the world deserves. The world of therapy and professional help is still so inaccessible to so many people and this book is a crucial and life changing one that should be placed in everyone's mental health toolkit. A Manual for Being Human is an amazing read and a gift to the world. I can't wait to give it to every single person I know!' -- Scarlett Curtis Finally! A book which takes psychological wellbeing across the lifespan out of the therapy room and into the mainstream. Dr Soph's warm, reassuring and frank style will have you understanding yourself, your actions and your relationships without a hefty therapy price tag.' The first part of any manual usually looks at how your machine has been put together and includes a diagnostic for problems. In AMFBH we started by looking at everything that made us the person we are - childhood, friendship, grief and loss, social media. The text is broken up with questions and exercises which make this really accessible as well as being helpful and illuminating. This part of the book can be tough - it’s revealing, unsettling, fascinating..but it can make you feel quite vulnerable. You can’t skip through this bit - its like trying to mend your machine without knowing what the problem is. This is about really understanding yourself and how you work.

This awe-inspiring book focuses on human experience. It is brimming with prompts, theories, techniques and tips for you to apply immediately. Dr. Sophie remarks on the years she spent witnessing just how inaccessible therapy is for the masses. She points out the concerning fact that many problems are left to fester. People end up in therapy after suffering long-term anguish. Often, this is due to not accessing the fundamental coping strategies and ideas that are obvious to psychologists.

Summary

One thing that I would like to tell you is that you might not need every section of this book - you can personalize it for your own experiences. I know I did - I skipped some chapters I knew did not affect me. You can do the same. There are also several helpful tips and techniques you can use to take care of yourself. I found the section on journaling especially helpful. A Manual for Being Human is the motherlode, enlightening on why you might feel and behave how you do.' * The Times * Do you want to understand how your childhood affects who you are today? How it affects your relationship with yourself and others? How school, bullying, gender expectations and even the social media you consume each day affects your emotional wellbeing? Do you want to know what your emotions actually are, where they come from and how to manage them when they threaten to overwhelm you? This book was life-changing. There is no other way I could put it. It was kind of scary yet eye-opening and very insightful.

There is a damn good reason why people are struggling. We are not raised to understand ourselves. In fact, we are raised misunderstanding ourselves and fearing the very thing that makes us, us.’ Through her book, Dr Soph manages to not only help us understand ourselves better but shares the therapeutic tools we can put in place to make life a little easier too. Insightful and robust and yet also, warm and personal, this book will stay with me for years.' -- Lucy Sheridan, author of The Comparison Cure

Table of Contents

This book is for the human-curious, psychology-curious and therapy-curious - it is for humans unable to access therapy and also those who are paying for long-term support.”🌷 Reassuring, knowledgeable and kind, Dr Soph offers support to those feeling lost at sea in today’s troubling times and gives you the tools you need to help get the most out of life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment