276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Humbrol Enamel Paint 14ML No 74 Linen - Matt

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Aviattic have just released (or are just about to) decals of clear doped linen! Light and dark German, British, French, plus PC10 and 12 with the weave pattern of the fabric evident!

SE-5A Colors - - The Airfix Tribute Forum - Tapatalk

If you look at Tamiya’s Rodney and Nelson they look quite different, and with lots of details not in the Airfix kit. It gives full camouflage etc and lots of photos from which you can distinguish the two ships from each other and also the various alterations. The text also gives good coverage of the ship's career and specifications. In the chart below, the annotation with colour name in red means that the corresponding paint number had been available in the traditional range of Humbrol enamels, but not in the Super Enamel range. There is no "scale" as such to the decals. The weave pattern is so subtle, but noticeable, that it will work well in any scale. Probably because I don't do a lot of Luftwaffe, I find the correct colours harder to fathom than Sabre wings and quantum mechanics.Ed, that's a great comparison chart. Is it just me or do the Testor Model Master series appear to be the best matches here? if you don't want to buy a load of new paint, there are TLAR RAF and USAAF matches.... or, as you do Swedish, some of those can be used... how 'accurate' do you want to be?

DB0074 No 74 Linen Matt - Humbrol UK

Honestly? In 1/24 and larger scales I assume. Or is the next trend in modelling to return to the 1950s and engrave burlap weave on all flying surfaces? Can someone tell Me what the item numbers might be for Tamiya and Humbrol RLM 74 and 75 if they even carry those German colors? Tamiya doesn't have anything in their bottled paint lines that match closely, except XF23 Light Blue, which is not that far off RLM 76 straight from the bottle. They do have three colors available in spray cans (their "Aircraft Spray" line) as acrylic lacquers that are "analogous": Hi Shane - what Ian says is true. its more of a very very subtle texture than a "weave' pattern - its just adds some life to a flat single colour surface. The column Type indicates if it is available as acrylic (a) as well. All colours are matt unless noted in the colour name.

Drying Time

UK Importers ,wholesalers and distributors of plastic model kits, jisaw puzzles, board games, embroidery, paints, tools and glues. Yes I should have said I was thinking of the existing range. Thanks for the advice gents it helps me a lot The instructions for the Revell 1/72 SE.5A call for 75% R46 NATO Olive / 25% R86 Olive Brown for the PC.10 upper surfaces, and 80% R5 White / 20% R35 Flesh for the linen undersides. Urban's Colour Reference Charts, Humbrol vs Tamiya, Xtracolor, Polly S, Revell, Gunze Sangyo, Model Master

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment