276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Auchentoshan American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 1834, it was renamed Auchintoshan, taking from the Gaelic ‘achad oisnin’ or ‘corner of the field’.

Matured for 10 years in a refill hogshead between 2007 and 2018, 171 bottles await their future owners, will one of them be you? Born in 1823, we are Scotland's only remaining distillery to insist on triple distilling every drop. Auchentoshan lies only just within the Lowlands and, although a Lowlander, Auchentoshan’s water source – near the Cochna Loch in the Kilpatrick Hills is in the Highlands. The origins of the distillery are quite shrouded, it originally started life under the name ‘Duntocher’, which was first mentioned around the turn of the nineteenth century.But what really turned this whisky around for me later on is how the oxidation of it in the bottle opened up rather weird and off putting notes witch i could only describe as (and i'm not kidding when i say this is what i get) rotten onions and cabbages on both the smell and taste that just completely dominates the whole thing. The whisky was distilled in April 1998, and allowed to age in a single bourbon barrel, until it was bottled March 2021, for the Celebration of the Cask series. None of the current range is peated, and at the heart lies the 2008 release, ‘Classic’, an eighteen year-old and ‘Three Wood’; matured in Oloroso, Pedro Ximinez Sherry and Bourbon casks. In 1984, the Auchentoshan distillery was bought by Morrison Bowmore, which itself became a subsidiary of the Japanese company Suntory a decade later. The result is a triple distilled single malt packed full of stewed fruit and warming Christmas spice notes.

The taste is rather bland, especially after about 30 minutes, it goes completely tasteless and I had to pour down the sink. Auchentoshan is a Scottish distillery known for producing some of the lightest and most delicate whiskies in the world. This Auchentoshan single malt was distilled October 2007 (triple distilled, we might add – unusual for Scotch whisky) and then rested in a refill hogshead for just shy of 15 years. Absolutely delicious, smooth, lots of flavour (that you can actually taste) and a finish that doesn't burn your throat off.Matured in a combo of bourbon and sauvignon blanc barrels, resulting in zesty notes of citrus and apple alongside toasted vanilla and buttery oak. From the Auchentoshan distillery in the Scottish Lowlands comes a triple distilled single malt Scotch whisky aged entirely in first fill American oak casks.

Also sign me up for newsletters so I can get special offers, recommendations, and expert advice to my inbox! Lowland distillery Auchentoshan's flagship single malt whisky, famously triple-distilled which is unusual for a Scotch. This expression was aged in a combo of bourbon and red wine casks, imparting waves of vanilla and red fruit. A marvellous single malt from the Lowland-based Auchentoshan distillery, independently bottled right here at MoM Towers.

In 1948, reconstruction began and the distillery was also given the new, modern spelling ‘Auchentoshan’.

Distilled at Auchentoshan in 2010, this single malt was filled into a single barrel to mature, where it stayed until 2022. Auchentoshan® adheres to the SWA Code of Practice for the Responsible Marketing and Promotion of Scotch Whisky © 2023, 40 – 53. The whisky was initially filled into refill bourbon barrels, before being transferred to a fresh sherry butt for the final 20 months, imparting a wealth of buttery vanilla, dense fruit, and spice to the malt. You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included. A 1 litre bottle of Auchentoshan's Blood Oak single malt, which was originally released for the Travel Retail Market.Distilled in October 2007, the whisky spent 14 years resting in a single ex-bourbon cask until bottling in May 2022. A 24 year old single malt from Auchtoshan in the Lowlands, independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! That barrel was opened up by indie bottler Douglas Laing, releasing a total of 318 bottles for the Provenance collection.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment