276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale: The Bestselling Classic Adventure from Ben Miller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lana is an imaginative child who is desperate to read stories that excite and interest her. When she finds a fairytale book in the brand new supermarket by their house, she is thrilled but everyone keeps telling her that she is too young to read these 'scary stories'. However, after gaining the interest of the strange shop owner, she finds a portal leading to different places in the fairytale world! I liked the story and pacing but was thrown by the editor’s editing (two or three errors) and the ending. This is a children's book as children's books should be. It doesn't care one bit about the adults reading the book. It doesn't have hidden and deep layers. It doesn't have an emotional moral kids don't get, but parents have to cry over. It's entertaining, it has loads of adventure and it has kids as the heroes of the story. Hidden in the strange new supermarket in town, Lana discovers a portal to a fairytale world! But these aren’t the happy-ever-after fairytales that Lana knows, they are darker and more dangerous, and the characters need Lana’s help to defeat an evil witch. But she can’t do it alone. Can she convince Harrison to believe in stories again and journey to the world with her . . . before it’s too late? Harrison’s school learning has helped the children get out of several bad situations, but it is Lana’s love of stories that saves the day:

The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale | Book by Ben Miller, Daniela

Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case! Part of the Solve Your Own Mystery seri... Lana loves stories. Especially the ones she and her brother, Harrison, share in their make-believe games. But when Harrison decides he's too grown-up to play with Lana she finds herself feeling lonely. Until something magical happens . . . Hidden in the strange new supermarket in town, Lana discovers a portal to a fairytale world! But these aren't the happy-ever-after fairytales that Lana knows, they are darker and more dangerous, and the characters need Lana's help to defeat an evil witch. But she can't do it alone. Can she convince Harrison to believe in stories again and journey to the world with her . . . before it's too late?

A breathtaking journey through magical worlds for all the family, featuring Lana and Harrison, the adventure-loving siblings from the bestselling The Day I Fell into a Fairytale, from master storyteller, Ben Miller.

The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale - Ben Miller - Google Books

Ben’s film credits include Paddington 2 (Studio Canal), alongside Ben Whishaw and Hugh Bonneville; What We Did on our Holiday (BBC Films), with Rosamund Pike and Billy Connolly; Off the Rails with Judi Dench and Sally Phillips, Netflix’s The Loneliest Boy in the World and most recently Sky’s This Christmas. Following the breakout successes of The Night I Met Father Christmas and The Boy Who Made the World Disappear, get ready for the brilliant NEW novel from actor, comedian and bestselling author Ben Miller, perfect for fans of Matt Haig and David Baddiel! Featuring beautiful illustrations throughout from Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini. Ilustracije su božanstvene, kao i ruže na marginama stranica u kojima se propoveda bajka. Zao mi je što ih nije bilo malo više 🩵 Enchanting, funny and intriguing in equal measure'Philip Ardagh on The Night I Met Father Christmas Hidden in the strange new supermarket in town, Lana discovers a portal to a fairytale world! But these aren’t the happy-ever-after fairytales that Lana knows, they are darker and more dangerous, and the characters need Lana’s help to defeat an evil witch. But she can’t do it alone. Can she convince Harrison to believe in stories again and journey to the world with her . . . before it’s too late?

Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments

The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale - Ben Miller - Google Books The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale - Ben Miller - Google Books

Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - Lana is nine years old and she is on school holidays. She has a brother Harrison who is twelve years old but he is much too serious about studying that he doesn't have any time to spend with Lana. Lana's mother takes her to a supermarket that came out of nowhere overnight. When they get to the supermarket, there are huge discounts but there is only one little old man who works there and changes disguises. He ends up selling a classic fairytales book to Lana's mother for Lana. But he does warn that these fairytales are much too scary for Lana. With gorgeous illustrations throughout from Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini – the perfect read for both adults and children.Lana is frustrated because her older brother, Harrison, (now at secondary school) would much rather study than play with her. When a new supermarket miraculously appears overnight in her town, Lana goes with her mother to investigate, and comes across a book of fairy tales. The strange little shopkeeper tells Lana, that it is far too scary for her (making her want it all the more), and tells her mother (who loves a bargain) that it is very cheap. So, of course, her mother is persuaded to buy it. Fall into this bestselling classic adventure about the power of stories, with beautiful illustrations throughout from Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini. About This Edition ISBN: U ovoj knjizi pratimo avanture devojčice Lane i njenog starijeg brata Harisona (na kraju u zahvalnici saznajemo da je autor knjigu posvetio svojoj istoimenoj deci) u čijem selu se jednog dana misteriozno, preko noći, pojavio supermarket "Grimovi". Prilikom prve posete sa mamom i istraživanja polica sa bombonama, Lana otkriva portal koji je vodi u bajku o Trnovoj Ružici u kojoj će i sama biti jedan od aktera. Brat joj u početku, po Laninom povratku u realni svet, ne veruje o doživljenoj avanturi, međutim, kada i sam poseti supermarket i uveri se u postojanje bajkovitog sveta, pridružuje se sestri da zajedničkim snagama pomognu junacima bajke da pobede zlo, kako bi priča dobila srećan kraj.💫 The Day I Fell into a Fairytale by Ben Miller is an exciting adventure story that will capture the imagination of children everywhere. Siblings, sweets, evil witches princesses and traditional tales come together in this fun tale.

The Day I Fell Into a Fairytale: The Bestselling Classic

Lana and Harrison are staying with their grandparents, when they discover their favourite tree to play in is under threat. That night, a magical golden thread leads them up through the hollow of the tree into a storybook land, where wind and rain rage and a fearsome beast terrifies all who live there. Harrisoni ja Lana linna keskele kerkib üleöö uus supermarket, mille fantastilised hinnad kõik täiskasvanud kohale meelitavad. Lana läheb emaga kaasa ja avastab, et kommiriiulite sahtlites peidavad end uksed muinasjutumaailma ja seal toimuvad seiklused on tualettpaberi soodukast hoopis põnevamad. The story is a retelling of sleeping beauty. And then it mixed into another story as well. I like the way it tells from the child's perceptive. It is not as scary as I thought. The reader is taken on a powerful journey of imagination and finds them self rooting for Lana and Harrison. Suited for Year 3 and upwards, Miller wrote this story to be read aloud and shared. Stunning illustrations by Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini enhance the story and bring key plot points to life. The writing style irked me. It was so amateurish and juvenile, it felt like something we would write in year eight English class. Maybe I’m being too harsh, this book is aimed at a young audience and children don’t need a complex writing style filled with metaphors and allegories, but to make it so bland and basic is insulting to their intelligence.Lana loves stories. Especially the ones she and her brother, Harrison, share in their make-believe games. But when Harrison decides he’s too grown-up to play, she finds herself feeling lonely. Until something magical happens... The plot itself had major issues. Lana kept delving into random chapters of the fairytales she’s reading about, which caused even more problems. Surely all of that could've been avoided if she just finished the story? Or googled the ending? Lana goes to the supermarket the next day with her dad and that same little old man takes her to where the candy is and pushes her through a chute which happens to be a portal for The sleeping beauty and when Lana realizes she ends up bolting from there. Then next day, she wants to go the supermarket with Harrison as she feels that she has to save Briar Rose, the princess from The sleeping beauty. When she tells Harrison, he doesn't believe her but the little old man suggests to take Harrison with her. Author Guy Bass introduces SCRAP, about one robot who tried to protect the humans on his planet against an army of robots. Now the humans need his...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment