276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Darkest Note: Dark High School Bully Romance (Redwood Kings Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The girl in the center suddenly rises in the air, propelled by a thin harness. Her legs spread wide as she flies over the crowd, flashing everyone in attendance. Do you see the act you’re following?” she whisper-shouts. “More of your clothes need to come off. Stat.”

It’s almost time for me to go. I’m starting to get teary again. There’s still so much I want to say. You and Vi can stay in the apartment so you don’t have to change schools. I’ve already worked it out with the bank. It’s not that I want to perform for the students at Redwood Prep tonight, but I’m halfway through my next-on-stage jitters. The thought of prolonging the torture makes me physically ill. I’d descended into my thoughts to escape the noisy cover, but it seems like the music’s gotten even louder.If you don’t know, how are you so sure it’s not a scammer?” She plants her hands on her hips, causing her bangles to dance. I wish I had more to leave for you, but that’s all I can manage for now. Your brother will take care of the rest. Try not to aggravate him too much. He isn’t all that excited about meeting you two, but it’s not personal. Trust me. It’s too late. You already accepted the scholarship.” She fixes the red bob that’s covering my long, brunette hair from view. Blue eyes focused, she fusses until the strands meet her approval. “And you know why you can’t turn this down.” This cruel king won’t stop until he breaks me. Dutch Cross, lead singer of The Kings, is a monster.Don’t let his amber eyes, chiseled jaw line, and crooning voice fool you.He prowls the hallways of Redwood Prep like he owns every inch.Brutal.Untou... That’s who you are to me, Cadey. You are my sunshine. It’s just that I’ve been battling this dark cloud way before you and your sister were born. I don’t have the strength left to fight it anymore.

I always saw the chaos in her, but I never let it stain me. I created a space inside my head where the music would die. Because if I couldn’t hear music at all, then I wouldn’t hear her notes either. Clipboard Guy purses his lips. “Look, it’s already unprecedented to have an act we’ve never heard of open for The Kings.” His stare turns icy. “Feel free to bow out if you have an issue.” As if summoned, the trio who just performed glide off the stage in their sparkles and glamor. They look left, catch sight of me and then laugh rudely as they walk away. Six years later, I still need the wig to perform in front of crowds, but at least I’m performing. I guess you can call it a rousing success.

Breeze.” I grab her arm to keep her at my side. The only thing shorter than my pint-sized best friend is her fuse. “Don’t engage. I don’t want to get on their radar.” I have to go now. Remember that I love you and Vi more than anything in the world. I’ll meet you on the other side. What act is so important that you’d go into intermission rather than cut them from the lineup?” I demand. “Isn’t this supposed to be a student showcase?”

Wild and dramatic. The sound of a hurricane at its peak, winds strong enough to uproot a tree and send it lashing into a building. Me? Run from this,” I gesture to the blonde performer who’s soaking in the ‘woof, woof, woof’ erupting from the guys in attendance, “lavish display of musical prowess?” I blink innocently at my best friend. “Never.” So this book follows the FMC who gets accepted into a prep school that has a good music program. The MM c's name is Dutch and he is in a band with his twin brother and adopted Brother. MMC first meets FMC at the.They’re all wearing faded shirts that stretch across their large, barrel chests and taper down to narrow hips. Blue jeans cling to long legs that go on forever. Their incredible height sets them above everyone else and their gait is better than any model on any catwalk. Ever. I eye her suspiciously as she crosses the stage. When I see her chatting it up with one of the guys in the crew, I realize why she was so eager to leave my side.

This cruel king won’t stop until he owns me.Dutch Cross, lead singer of The Kings, is a nightmare come to life.I fell for his amber eyes, chiseled jaw line, and crooning voice once before and it almost cost me my future.Never again.This time, I’ll... I’m sorry I have to leave you behind in this cold, cruel world, but I know that you’re going to take good care of your sister. And I know you’re going to be strong. Actually, that’s my sole plan. Starting next week, I’ll be a ghost floating through the halls of Redwood Prep. On the weekends, I’ll trade the sprawling lawns and elegant fountains for chain-link fences, graffiti and garbage. Once I’m on my turf, I’ll come alive long enough to get my bearings and do it all again the next week.

Silence shudders and dies. Music fills my ears. My own creation. My own twisted beast. I form it from nothing but my own pain and torture. Dark, pulsing notes. Lashing chords. A song that’s all about bleeding and destruction. It twines with my heart and gives me energy when I had none before. I play until my fingers start throbbing. Then I stop. Spent.” You can’t spend your entire year being invisible,” she argues, eyebrows tightening to punctuate her point.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment