276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Murder on the Safari Star: Adventures on Trains #3

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I also found that I sort of figured out who would die and then who did it reasonably fast - though I didn't get why as you don't get the hint til close to the reveal. I never mind that though as they are so fun and well laid out. And the characters are all so wonderful. Even the unlikeable ones!

It was fun watching Hal try to work through it all. There was even a scene where his Uncle Nat helped him to reconstruct the crime to try to find answers. It was adorable.En om eerlijk te zijn: dit verhaal overtuigde niet helemaal. Er zijn een paar momenten in het boek waar ik vond dat Alex te overhaast te werk ging of niet genoeg aandacht (of de verkeerde soort aandacht) besteedde aan bepaalde elementen. Volgens mij is hij slimmer dan dat.

Hal and Uncle Nat continue to shine and their relationship is always so genuinely portrayed. Because they are so grounded now in who they are, I'm always excited to see how they interact with a new cast of characters, and who Hal makes friends with next. I loved Hal's new friendship with Winston and even the mongoose Chipo. Each new setting and each new cast of characters presents different challenges to Hal and Uncle Nat and I just love watching them navigate it all.Inhoudelijk doet dit boek enorm denken aan De Moord op de Oriënt-Express van Je-Weet-Wel-Wie, Die Naam Hoeft Niet Eens Genoemd Te Worden. Een afgesloten ruimte in de vorm van een luxetrein waarop passagiers van allerlei slag en nationaliteiten zitten en waarvan er een op onverklaarbare wijze vermoord wordt. Feitelijk heeft het nog lang geduurd voor Leonard & Sedgman er zich aan waagden, maar goed, de concurrentie is - eh - moordend, natuurlijk.

Zal Alex deze zaak weer weten op de lossen, of is de recherche die dit keer aan boort is, sneller dan hem? Gevaar op safari is deel drie van de Dader op het spoor serie. Hierin gaat Alex telkens met zijn oom Ben op reis, waar hij de spannendste dingen meemaakt. In de Safari Star wordt de spanning wel erg hoog wanneer blijkt dat er een moord is gepleegd. Dit moet haast wel gedaan zijn door iemand die aanwezig is op deze trein.The cast of characters were fantastically written (as usual) and honestly it made me feel like I was watching an episode of Columbo (I mean that in the best way possible) where you think you know who the guilty party is but then the story takes a massive turn and your assumptions are right but 100% wrong. All-aboard for the third amazing journey in the bestselling Adventures on Trains series, Murder on the Safari Star, from M. G. Leonard and Sam Sedgman, illustrated throughout by Elisa Paganelli. I've talked before about the Adventures On Trains series before (reviewing The Highland Falcon Thief and Kidnap on the California Comet and loving them both intensely) and so, when Macmillan sent me a review copy of Murder On The Safari Star, I was incredibly excited. It's a brilliant series. I have pretty much negative interest in trains (I mean, I just do not find them remotely interesting) and yet here I am, living and loving every inch of this series. De treinreis zelf klinkt echt prachtig en is heel beeldend geschreven. Alsof je zelf aan boord bent van de Safari Star. De prachtige illustraties, gemaakt door Elisa Paganelli, ondersteunen dit gevoel. Maar dan de dood van één van de passagiers. Dit maakt het weer eens ontzettend spannend. Samen met Alex ga je op onderzoek uit, verdenk je meerdere passagiers en misschien raadt je het plot wel. Persoonlijk vind ik deze serie zo goed geschreven, dat het mij nog geen enkele keer is gelukt om de dader te raden.

I would absolutely recommend this series to Readers of all ages. The books are always engaging and fast-paced, with a great group of characters and wonderful illustrations. Murder on the Safari Star is the 3rd-installment of my new favorite Middle Grade series. I adored the first two books and this one was more of the same.

I was so intrigued by this one. The person involved was absolutely vile and had insulted, or angered, pretty much every other passenger on the train, including his own family. This left Hal with a lot of suspects. The main reason we love this series is that it's a mystery on a train - and this one does not disappoint. The mystery in this can be rather baffling at first but as Hal figures more things out, I really felt myself start to become a detective. Having said that, I still wasn't sure what the outcome would be, or who was behind it all, and I think Leonard & Sedgman played the game very well in leading me off certain character scents. Het eerste dat me opviel toen ik in dit derde boek begon, was dat de vertaling van Anne Douqué was. En al kon ik me niet herinneren wie de vorige twee verhalen had gedaan, van haar had ik nog nooit gehoord. Het was in elk geval een aangename kennismaking. Het las vlot, snel, geen rare zinnen, geen typfouten. Mooie Nederlandse uitgave!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment