276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moonwalk

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love when I read how he describes his sister 'LaToya', it's just the way an ordinary brother telling about his sister.

He has been cited as the "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time" by Guinness World Records, and holds the record for the best-selling album ever, Thriller, among 7 more guinness world records. Will keep my copy until I'm a grandma, maybe even give it to my grandchildren, along with my memories of you. The last twenty years saw continued success with subsequent albums, but there were no records left to break. If you enjoy this, you might also like the memoirs of a contemporary (although in some ways very different) pop entertainer, Barefaced Lies and Boogie-Woogie Boasts by Jools Holland, or for a wider look at pop of the period, Black Vinyl, White Powder by Simon Napier-Bell.I just wish it would have been a more recent book so we can get what he was feeling now a days, before he died. Usually, I sticky tab quotes in books that I like, but if I would have done that with this book the entire book would have been tabbed from cover to cover.

Of course this book was originally published in 1988, so this is his prospective for the year before that. these are his own words" :) So, I really recommend this book to anyone who is even a little bit interested in the King of Pop (by the way, it's NOT self-proclaimed KoP! Furthermore, throughout the book Jackson touches on key points such as the color of the skin and the theories behind them. Michael and his brothers played amateur music shows and seamy Chicago strip joints until Motown’s corporate image makers turned the Jackson 5 into worldwide superstars.I could hear the excitement he felt when things had gone well and the desperation for a friend when things had gone wrong. The opening chapter records that, even at 29, he had been in the business for 24 years, and sometimes he felt like he should be near the end of his life. The amazing thing is that I felt as though he was still alive reading this book, I could imagine him actually saying it out loud. Written by Mike himself, the book goes into details about his childhood, the way to success with Jackson 5, the beginning of his solo career and the stories behind his famous songs like "Billie Jean".

Yet considering how many things he'd done and people he'd met by that age, he told very few stories about them, and what anecdotes he did tell were sparse and devoid of any real description. It's one of the few books I actually felt stress about reading and understanding each and every word that was written - partly because of how much I paid to get my hands on this rare gem, and partly because it's one of the very few first-hand resources on Michael Jackson. Moonwalk was re-released on October 13, 2009, as a result of Michael Jackson's death, with a new foreword by Motown founder Berry Gordy and an afterword by Shaye Areheart. Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009), dubbed the 'King of Pop', was one of the most commercially successful entertainers of all time.Slavery was a terrible thing, but when black people in America finally got out from under the crushing system they were stronger. The book was first published by Doubleday on February 1, 1988, five months after the release of Jackson's 1987 Bad album, and named after Jackson's signature dance move, the moonwalk.

The seventh child of the Jackson family, Michael Jackson debuted on the professional music scene at the age of eleven as a member of the Jackson 5, and went on to become a pop icon as a solo artist. He deserves to be seen as a human being, not the freak that the media and the American public make him out to be! At the printing plant, the book was given the code name " Neil Armstrong", after the first " moonwalker". Overall a very good quality service from this seller and I would not hesitate to recommend this seller. Moonwalk was the first time he told his story in his own words, reflecting on his life, how he thought, how he felt about things.

When he tells about his family life, he tells it by convincing the readers how normal and natural the family life is just like others. This book Moonwalk is a a wonderful book giving Michael's point of view of his rise to fame, his family, and his relationships.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment