276°
Posted 20 hours ago

House of Leaves: The Remastered, Full-Color Edition

£21.545£43.09Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 1989 he moved to Berkeley, California, where he enrolled in an intensive Latin course at the University of California, Berkeley. Danielewski's first novel House of Leaves is a multi-layered fiction--part horror-story, part philosophical meditation, and mostly very good storytelling. I don't want to take any credit for this, it's not my work, but I thought you people here would be very interested.

Small sections of the book were downloadable off the internet before the release of the first edition, and it is said that these sections "circulated through the underbellies of Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and San Francisco, through strip clubs and recording studios, long before publication" – though very few were able to experience the book this way initially. That summer, Poe and Danielewski spent three months as the opening act for Depeche Mode's 2001 North American tour. This is definitely not a novel for everyone; the casual reader will find his or her patience strained by the narrative shifts, the heavy footnoting, and the typographic landscape itself. Danielewski came up with the concept for his second novel, Only Revolutions, while he was touring for House of Leaves and working on The Fifty Year Sword. Summer’s rapidly approaching, but that doesn’t mean beach reads are your only option for staying cool.On February 2, 2018, Danielewski announced via a Facebook post that The Familiar had been paused, saying "I must agree with Pantheon that for now the number of readers is not sufficient to justify the cost of continuing. THE MIND-BENDING CULT CLASSIC ABOUT A HOUSE THAT'S LARGER ON THE INSIDE THAN ON THE OUTSIDE  A masterpiece of horror and an astonishingly immersive, maze-like reading experience that redefines the boundaries of a novel.

In some editions whereever "house" appears it is in a different color in other editions it is just italicised and the font/format is different. The House of Leaves has been published in various editions, including the web edition, the US hardcover, the US softcover, the UK edition, etc.It is a book that some people fall so much in love with that they might then go out and snap up all the editions available or get the hardback for 99% of people I think the paperback version will meet their needs perfectly. Navidson discovered what at first seemed like an odd prank perpetrated by a psychotic carpenter: Behind a closet door, a hallway with smooth black walls had suddenly appeared. The film critique is heavily and amazingly footnoted in a way that blurs the line between artifice and reality. br>Discover the nightmarish tale of a house that is b igger on the inside than the outside that still inspires devotion among an army of fans. I'm beginning to think that it is precisely that narrative and textual instability, both within the narrative and from edition to edition, that is a central message this book offers to its readers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment