276°
Posted 20 hours ago

FREEWELL Magnetic Quick Swap System 67mm Neutral Density ND64 (6 f-stops) Camera Filter

£41£82Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alongside the distinct Island Slot for gradient filters like a graduated neutral density (ND) filter, snow mist, glow mist, and streak, the K2 filter system also includes circular variable neutral density (VND), circular polarizing (CPL), solid ND, and graduated neutral density (GND) filters.

Freewell claims their magnetic VND system can be safely used with any 16 or 17mm full frame lens without adding vignette (on top of the natural, optical vignette of the lens). This means cleaner images without additional darkening around the edges and corners — even when shooting wide angle. Filter compatibility Like the Freewell Magnetic ND filter, the polarizer also had a green hue to it; admittedly less noticeable than the 10 stop ND. Performance wise, it did exactly as it should. Cut glare, enhanced colour and balanced exposure with no loss in image quality. In addition to using the system as a CPL or VND filter, you can also replace the inner VND base filter with a “Mist” VND filter, which works just the same as the other VND filters but adds a “Glow Mist” effect, essentially a bit of diffusion that will smooth out your image a bit. I generally don’t like diffusion filters, so I didn’t test this heavily. The Only Problem Today we are taking a look at K&F Concept’s line of magnetic filters. Called the Nano-Series, this system currently sells as a kit including a lens adapter, a UV filter (doubling as an extra lens adapter), a CPL and an ND 1000 filter. Description of The System

K&F Concept’s lens adapters have two advantages. The first is that they are quite slim, measuring at only 2mm once installed. The second, and possibly most important, is that the adapter lets the user attach regular lens caps. These advantages mean they can remain permanently in place on a lens.

I initially didn’t think much of having a clear UV filter to attach these magnetic filters onto. After nearly 15 hours on the move between climbing and hiking, I found a huge advantage to this additional filter. I can see the benefits of convenience for such an attachment mechanism over screw in filters. I assume that they have been tested on lenses attached to bodies employing magnet IBIS technologies (as opposed to springs) and that on such bodies there is no magnetic field interference. I'd primarily be interested in adapting to zoom lenses, i.e. 10-24, 16-55, 55-200. From what I can tell, the 77mm would be good, but I'm not sure.Looking at the 2-5 stop filter, I can get a range of 2 stops (a little before the 2 stop position on the ring) all the way up to 5 and 1/3 stops (at “5” on the ring), so the filter covers a range greater than the claimed 3 stops. Ladies and gents, I have some news for you. The Freewell magnetic filter system is officially on the market. Gone are the days of having to screw on your filters like a measly peasant. Concerning sharpness and clarity, there is no discernible difference with the Freewell VND filters attached. Images appear just as sharp as you’d expect. Circular polarizers

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment