276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Praying Church: Becoming a People of Hope in a Discouraging World

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, it must be realized that males are not special in comparison to women. They are co-equal and heirs of God’s grace together (cf. Gal 3:28, 1 Peter 3:7). However, God created different roles for the sexes, especially in marriage and the church. This reflects the image of God on humanity (Gen 1:27). In the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, the Son, and God the Father are one and co-equal, but authority and roles exist in the relationship. The Holy Spirit and the Son submit to God the Father. And when God made man in his image, he made Adam and Eve one flesh, co-equal, and yet with authority and various roles within the relationship (cf. 1 Cor 11:3). Prayer and reading God’s word are everything in the Christian life. Praying for those that lead and attend our church is one way to seek the protection and strength of the Lord. These powerful intercessory prayers for the church will help to call on the power of the Lord for a blessing. even for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. Such prayer for all is good and welcomed before God our Savior Application Question: How is God calling you to implement more evangelistic prayer in your life or community? Praying Churches Have Male Spiritual Leadership

Psalm 119:26‘O give me life according to your word. O teach me your statutes. and so shall I meditate on your wondrous works. be gracious to me through your law.’

This is a picture of not only what’s common in public prayer but also our individual prayer. We commonly forget that we are part of a larger body of Christ and ultimately part of an entire world of people. Paul said, “For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle—I am telling the truth; I am not lying—and a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth” (v.7). The God who chose the means of salvation also chose the method. People are saved by others faithfully preaching the gospel. Paul was a preacher, as he heralded the gospel. He was an apostle, as he was sent with authority from Christ to found churches. He was a teacher, as he explained the whole counsel of God to others. The fact that he mentions his ministry to the Gentiles supports the fact that the gospel was not just for the Jews or the spiritually elite but for all people. God desires all people to be saved.

Intercessions “comes from a root word meaning ‘to fall in with someone,’ or get involved with them.” 3 It refers to requests made on behalf of others. Therefore, it is not only a word of advocacy, “but also of empathy, sympathy, compassion, and involvement.” 4 We should constantly engage in others’ problems and lift them up. As I prayed, the verse that came to me was Isaiah 41:10: ‘So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.’” In addition, we should pray because it is morally good and pleasing to God (v. 4). When believers lift up their leaders, God looks down upon them with pleasure. This should motivate believers to pray often for their leaders. Prayer for Spiritual LeadersGreg Brown has served twenty years in pastoral ministry, including twelve in his current position as a chaplain and professor at Handong Global University and the teaching pastor at Handong International Congregation. He also served as a U.S. Navy Reserve chaplain until his retirement in 2022. He ea... More More from this author Published As mentioned, others see a theological conflict with this verse when considering the doctrine of election—that God chose some for salvation before the creation of the earth (cf. Eph 1:4-6, Rom 8:29-30). If God “desires” everybody to be saved, then why didn’t he elect everybody for salvation?

As mentioned, the Gnostics believed that there were many mediators between God and man, and Christ was only one of them. Therefore, Paul affirms the full deity and humanity of Christ. As God, he can relate to the Father; and as man, he can relate to us. He is our mediator—our go between. Christ was our ransom, as he paid the penalty for our sins by dying on the cross (v. 6). His death for our sins—allows us to be accepted by a holy God. God now sees us through the blood and perfect righteousness of the Lamb. For that reason, only Christ can be our go between—he is the only God-man. I began hearing people in the community saying that dad would die. I kept telling my sisters that we had to pray because God is able.” The early church devoted themselves to prayer, and the apostles prioritized it even over serving needy widows. They needed to give attention to prayer and the ministry of the Word. This must be our priority as a church and as individual believers. Application Question: Why is it important to develop a global prayer life? How do you plan to incorporate more prayer for “all people” in your spiritual life? Praying Churches Pray Specifically for Authorities Paul goes from prayer generally for all people to specific prayers for those in leadership. He says, “for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.”Wake us up Lord! Remind us to live aware, listen to your words, and be willing to make a difference in this land. Give us courage to speak out. Help us not to stay silent but to do all things through your wisdom and love. Bring honor to your name in these days Lord, for you alone are worthy. Be inspired by testimonies by more Compassion graduates on our blog, and see how Compassion is striving to release children from poverty, in Jesus ’ name. If you want to pray further, here are some more resources to help you. Discover more prayer resources

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment