276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zombierella: Fairy Tales Gone Bad

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is one of the most creative adaptations of Cinderella I have ever read -- and despite its whimsy, big font, and easy-ish language, one of the darkest I've ever read, too! It was fiction and my favourite character was zombierella, this book was a bit creepy and humorous and I’d definitely recommend to people that like spooky books!

There were times where I wondered if it might be a little too dark for kids, seen as this is a middlegrade. The illustrations make those gory moments even funnier and there is a warmth and lightness to a cast who are mostly dead - that's quite an achievement. Choose sections to read together for example the poems told by the Shadow of Death or the Librarian. Este corta y curiosa historia pertenece a la serie de cuentos de hadas estropeados y como tal retellings que nos muestran el supuesto que pasaría si estos al igual que una fruta se echaran a perder, podridos por no haber sido encontrados, pues bingo! Todos los elementos que cambiaron para este cuento me encantaron, parece un poco adaptado a la modernidad, Cenicienta definitivamente muere y revive en el cuento, hasta nuestra “hada madrina” es bien distinta y tiene que recurrir a cosas muy diferentes para que el cuento siga su curso.Intentionally grim and gross, hilariously witty and filled with spooky yet classic black and white illustrations akin to Nightmare Before Christmas? In this retelling of Cinderella, Cinders falls down a flight of stairs (after slipping on some dog poo 💩) and becomes a Zombie Princess, but can she still enjoy the ball and woo the Prince? It’s marketed for ages 9-11, but has large font and illustrations more like books I would shelve for 6-8 year olds. Each night, Zombierella was coming closer to the Prince that he found in her a bride with a cold heart like his and a cold skin like his…the Prince was a vampire!

In 2008, they changed their drummer to Alexander Belkok, and Alexander Skvortzov became their vocalist. Un cuento que está narrado de una forma muy especial y que viene acompañado de unas ilustraciones y una edición preciosas. I liked Death the best because she was nice and let Zombierella be a Zombie and she also brought back Zombierella’ pets. These are not at all the fairy tales you know so well, you can find The Monstrous Duckling, Jack and the Flesh-Eating Beanstalk. With both her biological parents dead, Cinderella's only companion is her faithful steed, Lumpkin who is on his last legs.With her skin as cold as ice and her faithful horse Lumpkin back by her side, can she seek revenge on her three cruel, fake sisters, once and for all? Very funny and cleverly written keeping all the main parts of the original Cinderella and making them grim, put it this way it’s not her shoe that Cinderella leaves on the stairs for the Prince to find!

This is a fun twist on the classic fairytale Cinderella, the illustrations were amazing and added to the spooky and gory theme to this. The news reached the fake mother’s ears, and she took her three daughters to the mansion to meet the new Prince.When the town receives an unusual visitor in the guise of a prince whose culinary tastes are on the bloody side and whose bed is more wood and dirt than cushions and frame, Cinderella's life is about to take a dark turn. Bringing back to life Cinderella’s beloved pets that have died over the years to be her horse and footmen, they set off to the mansion in a mushroom that has become her coach and a dress made of leaves.

But otherwise, it's a wonderfully twisted and capricious spooky read that brave children will love sinking their teeth into! She used some kind of very strong glue at the steps outside the mansion, so when Zombierella would arrive, her bare feet would get stuck, and she wouldn’t be able to enter the mansion and dance with the Prince.Es un buen libro para que los más pequeños de la casa (y no tan pequeños) pierdan el miedo a criaturas como la muerte, los zombis, los vampiros, los espíritus, etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment