276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Barbie FYK53 Bathroom-Themed Playset, with Shaving Ken Doll and Sink/Vanity, Multicolored

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

His hair is made of felt, but once the manufacturer realized his hair would fall out when wet, they changed it to the plastic, molded hairstyle we know now. They nevertheless agreed, per Mandeville, that “select firms would be allowed to develop the personality of Barbie, under the watchful eye of management of Mattel. Capitalism had the final word: Ken’s “suggestion” was smoothed down to a plastic knob for half a penny.

I think moving forward, what I don't know that we've seen enough of is: Barbie and Ken come from a time in which we thought of gender as pretty binary.Additional pieces inspire richer stories; some of the accessories have handles the doll can hold or feature a plug-and-play design that helps hold them in place for active play and easy clean-up. We probably didn't need to tell you this doll was from the 1990s - the hair and clothes are a pretty dead giveaway. Nearly 62 years later, the two have inspired everything from matching lamé ice-dancer outfits to breathless tabloid coverage. Over the years, I think I was probably more aware of Barbies in general than someone my age and gender would normally have been, but mostly because I thought it was hilarious and always made a point of making jokes about it myself,” Fisher said.

But one of the rarest actually came out in 2000 and it was the special edition Chicago Cubs Fan Barbie. Introduction: My name is Kimberely Baumbach CPA, I am a gorgeous, bright, charming, encouraging, zealous, lively, good person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you. Like, the Black Sunsational Malibu Ken is apparently much sought after for his rarity, but also the hair. It is now seen as a collector's item amongst Barbie collectors thanks to the fashion designer and creative director's involvement in the doll's creation.

Yes, it can be very worthwhile to sell your vintage Barbie collection, as collectible Barbie dolls can be worth a lot of money on the current market.

Elvis and Priscilla Presley were mid-century pop royalty, on par with JFK and Jackie O, so it's no surprise that Mattel would commemorate this iconic magazine duo with a pair of dolls in their wedding outfits.I was at a women's rights protest, this is several decades ago, and there are signs that are like, “I'm not your Barbie doll. I think they're really playing on the sort of, not tension, but the twist of the trope, which is that very often we have superhero movies or we have, whatever the story is, and it's all about the guy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment