276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maggie Moves On: the perfect romcom to make you laugh, swoon and sob!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

now I’m gonna talk about these characters, because I really liked them at first. I liked how Silas had the whole “love at first sight” thing, and Maggie was persistent on doing her job. But as I got to know these characters, especially when they were together, I disliked them more and more. Thank you to Hachette Audio, Forever and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. While the romance is the clear driver of the plot, a lot of the action revolves around the remodeling of the Campbell home. This once great mansion is filled with town history and a little mystery surrounding the original owners. As Maggie works to bring the house into the current century, more mysteries are uncovered, and there may be a little wild west gold involved 😉 I'M SORRY! Was that a Kathryn Nolan reference???? Is Kathryn Nolan, scooter daredevil at Wallace's senior home, based on Lucy's writing friend Kathryn Nolan??? Just when you’re thinking I’m running out of superlatives, I’ll jump right into talking about what’s probably my favorite part of the book, the last 25% or so. It was supposed to be 4-4.5 star book by then, but thanks to some alchemical magic that happened, everything worked out so well in the last act of the book that I couldn’t even dream of putting it under 5 evaluate.

Maggie Moves On - Kindle edition by Score, Lucy. Literature

There are way too many subplots going on in this book. This also caused the book to be so bloated, which leads to my next issue, Thank you to Forever Publishing for my finished copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Available now. Instead of an epilogue to show where people were later, it was all forced into a couple of non-cohesive paragraphs. It was a super letdown even though it was tied up in a nice bow. My instinct was right and I fell in love with Maggie and Silas between open spaces, walls being brought down, and new beautiful landscaping. More than that, I fell in love with Silas' family, Kevin (the pitbull), and his cats, Dean, Deanna, Cody, and even grumpy Wallace.

Diaries & Calendars

Something is missing. Lucy's books are usually long, but they never drag and they are always good and full of sparkly personality. I did not get any of that from this book. WTF happened? This is my least favorite Lucy Score title to date. As their summer gets downright steamy, Silas manages to demolish the emotional walls Maggie's spent years building, sending her into a panic. He's the wrench in her carefully constructed plans. With the end of the project looming, Maggie has a decision to make. But how can she stay when her entire career is built on moving on?

Maggie Moves On | Lucy Score | 9781538707081 | NetGalley Maggie Moves On | Lucy Score | 9781538707081 | NetGalley

I love Silas' family dynamics. They really show the most beautiful way a blended family can work so well together. And Michael is hilarious. This is honestly the best part of this book and is what kept me reading through to the end.One of my favorite characters in the story is Kevin. Silas’s dog is the perfect addition to the story, and he’s so adorable, as is his hunky owner. Silas is funny and charming, and the way he almost instantly knows Maggie is the one for him is super romantic. I love that he wears his heart on his sleeve and isn’t afraid to show his feelings. Silas and Maggie’s banter is fantastic, and the way he teases and flirts with Maggie is relentless and endearing. And Silas and Maggie’s romance is fantastic!! I loved both characters and adored their love story. They have so much chemistry, and Silas’s overtures are super swoon-worthy. Maggie Nichols is a YouTube home renovator with almost a million followers. She travels the U.S. flipping homes and moving on. Her latest acquisition is a huge rundown Victorian Queen Anne home that sits majestically on a bluff in Kinship, Idaho. Maggie and Silas really were the best. I loved Silas and his flirtatious nature straight away, he was so charming and sweet from the start. This man melted me! He loved Maggie and her commanding attitude and everything she had achieved and overcome. I understood what she wanted and the conflict it caused since Silas was after her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment