276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Minka Lesk: The Last Whiteshield (Warhammer 40,000)

£7.5£15.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Justin D. Hill: I’ve always loved the viewpoint of the common grunt in the Warhammer 40k universe. Nothing beats the jeopardy of a lone trooper, armed only with a flashlight, standing firm against the horrors of the Grimdark future. For me*, these are some of the most compelling stories the 40k universe has to offer, so it seemed fated that I would end up writing Cadians. And – Lindsey Priestley assures me – this novel has the first real insight into the inner mind of a Frateris Militiaman. Let us know in the comments of our Facebook Hobby Group, or our new Discord server, and make sure you enter the latest monthly giveaway for FREE today!

After the full-on chaos of Cadia Stands, the second novel in the series is still very much a war story but it also expands out to encompass a little bit of political and religious intrigue. The plot is based around the 101st defending the world of Potence from Chaos forces, fighting to survive while still adjusting to their new post-Cadia reality. Despite its billing as a Minka Lesk story I’d say it’s still more about the wider 101st than just Minka, but it’s a good continuation of the series. I know we’re not supposed to judge books by their covers, but this one definitely has my favourite cover of any Cadian novel! Whether you’re an Imperial Fists fan or a Blood Angel enjoyer, JOYTOY has you covered with these intercessors. Please note that the Underhive Graffiti Transfer Sheet we mentioned in last Sunday’s preview has been delayed. We’ll let you know more when we have a release date.I think she's got an awesome miniature and it will be fun to see people running her and her fellow characters on the tabletop in games of Warhammer 40,000. I would love to see themed armies based around Lesk and perhaps a Kill Team or two. This gathers together all of the expansions and is your most up to date rulebook (at least until it isn’t). Which means you can finally put together that dream campaign that starts in one place, goes through some Zones Mortalii, and then crashes into either Hive Primus or escapes to the Ash Wastes, depending on where you started. The latest book in the Primarchs series dives into the circumstances surrounding the Primarch’s discovery by the Emperor, in revelations that will shake your understanding of the Great Crusade to the core.

You can also explore another well-known regiment in Catachan Devil – and set the mood for your evening reading with the Catachan Potpurri Candle . Who doesn’t want their house to smell like a jungle death world? I should be clear: this article expresses my personal opinion…I’m not a Games Workshop spokesperson, nor should this be taken as an expert opinion on 40k lore! As we said though, it’s not just the model, she’s also getting two new books! New Justin D Hill Books Tread-heads can read about more epic tank battles in Baneblade and Shadowsword – you’ll tank us later.Shadowsword continues the story of the Baneblade crew as they join a Shadowsword super-heavy artillery company as close support. With the fate of three star systems in the balance, the tank’s commander faces harsh truths about the nature of the Imperium and his place in it, giving you a different perspective on the duty and honour of the Astra Militarum. Each of the 1,500 strictly limited copies is individually numbered and signed by the author, making it an invaluable part of any Astra Militarum fan’s collection. Shadow of the Eighth

As the Cadians struggle through sacrifice and brutal attrition, they must come to terms with the loss of their home world and find an answer to the haunting question: what does it mean to be one of the vaunted Cadians in a galaxy without Cadia? To celebrate the return of the Ghosts, we’ve got something special in store – a full-colour canvas Tanith banner to hang on your wall. This awesome piece of Gaunt’s Ghosts memorabilia is ready to mount right out of the box and features the regiment’s distinctive iconography – and with only 1,500 available worldwide, it’ll truly be a collector’s piece to remember. JH: I think this is being envisaged as the first Minka Lesk novel so you could go straight in, but if you want to get the full setting then reading Cadia Stands gives you the set up. And if you really like stories of common grunts facing down all the horrors of the 40K universe, then there’s a ream of Ursarkar E. Creed stories ( you can find here) which I think have been hugely well received.The Cadian 101st, led by Minka Lesk, is taking the fight to the traitors on Malouri. Will their faith and pride keep them fighting or will the meat-grinder siege break them down? If you’d like to see what the Ghosts’ old rivals are up to, you can join the Royal Volpone Regiment on their own tour of the Sabbat Worlds in Volpone Glory . Last seen in Cadian Honour , Lesk and her fellow soldiers find themselves embroiled in a bloody stalemate when traitor forces on the planet Malouri retreat to a nigh-impregnable island fortress.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment