276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Confessions of an Alleged Good Girl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm not really going to go into much detail regarding the plot line as I don't want to risk ruining what this story is all about as it shines a light on female health and the anxieties young girls go through when thinking about having sex for the first time. The love triangle aspect was interesting but I have to say, the contrast between Monique’s ex-boyfriend Dom and Reggie was a really interesting one and proves that people’s perceptions of others aren’t always accurate.

She's torn between her parents who want the pure virginal daughter, and her boyfriend, Dom, who wants to explore the more intimate side of their relationship. But in doing so, she must face some home truths: maybe she shouldn't be fixing her body to please a boy, maybe Sasha is the friend she needed all along and maybe Reggie isn't so bad at all. Tired of waiting her boyfriend breaks up with her, spurring Monique into discovering her inability to have sex is caused by a medical condition.She’s in a relationship with the love of her life, Dom, the church drummer and a guy her father loves and respects. like this is something i look for in a ya book, something with plot and something that makes you feel.

There's so many layers to Monique, you find out right away why she is so devastated by Dom breaking up with her.For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen's Advice Bureau if you are in the UK). The hotly anticipated second book from Joya Goffney, author of the 2021 YA romcom Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry. If that wasn’t enough, it’s also infused with feminist magic - what begins as a 17-year-old’s quest to “fix” herself to get her guy back becomes a joyous journey of self-discovery that sees a sister doing it for herself. This is also the case for Sasha as well, who despite Monique’s initial judgement is actually pretty amazing.

Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services. Thankfully I had a wonderful, supportive spouse instead of a shitty boyfriend, but it took well over a year of marriage to work out solutions, and much longer to start working through some of our other hangups with sex because of purity culture. Monique suffers from a relatively severe form of vaginismus (a treatable condition involving the vaginal muscles spasming or tightening in a way that prevents penetration or causes painful penetration). Mateo’s relationships with his friends Kimmie and Adam (a potential love interest) also suffer repercussions as he keeps his situation a secret.

Overall, this is a heartfelt, inspiring and thoroughly insatiable story of self love, body positivity and reclaiming your sexual identity that YA romance lovers simply must read!

But yet, this was entirely different as Goffney emphasises that the pressure to abstain from sex comes from the church. Thanks to Goffney's superb storytelling and dazzling prose, this candid exploration of a sensitive subject is also a heartfelt, funny, and irresistible read. So, she unites with Sasha, a girl from her church and Reggie, the town’s bad boy, to cure her condition and win back Dom. Full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are available in the UK from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or your Local Authority's Trading Standards Office. With the help of her frenemy, Sasha, the overly zealous church girl Monique's mum pushes her to hang out with, and Reggie, the town's bad boy, Monique must go on trips to unknown and uncomfortable places to find the treatment that will help her.I could relate to being raised by traditional parents and having their views on sex being passed on to you without you even realizing it. There are kids who are ace and aro who may not even want that in the first place, so it was kind of weird to read a book about an inability to have sex that didn't even bring up the fact that there are non-religious people who simply don't want or need sex. I first fell in love with her writing in Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry which became my favourite book, and now I fell in love all over again.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment