276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GOOLOO Jump Starter 1500A IP65 12V Portable Car Battery Booster Jump Starter Pack Kit with Quick Charge, DC Port, LED Flashlight

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The USB-C port on the jump starter delivers power according to the PD standards and can charge your USB-C devices like modern laptops or smartphones at the fastest possible speeds. By contrast, the Dewalt DXAEJ14, Clore Automotive JNC660, and Stanley J5C09 deliver a constant current when hooked up to your battery terminals. The jump starters can deliver three boosts at a full charge, although the manufacturers recommend charging after each use. This is because these models utilize SLA batteries, which discharge more rapidly than lithium-ion batteries. However, this does not mean they deliver an inferior boost; in fact, we found them fully capable of reviving even larger diesel and deep-cycle marine batteries. Among the SLA types, we were less fond of the Stanley J5C09 as it delivered slightly less current under load in our tests. Battery Storage I thought there might be something wrong with the bike or maybe it was not supposed to jump-start the dirt bikes. Which is weird I know. This jump starter also claims to work well in temperatures up to -4 Fahrenheit, so I did a cold test by putting this unit in the freezer for 30 minutes and then giving it a go. My test was not as cold as the jump starter’s operating temperature specs but it took 4 tries and fired the big 6.7L V10 right up.

I also found out that for motorcycles, dirt bikes, and ATVs, the bigger clamps were harder to clamp on battery posts, but the small ones worked perfectly. The flashlight on this jump starter is okay at best and not as bright as some of the other jump starters I tested. It has a 65W PD-compatible USB-C port, which you can use to charge other devices. Sadly, there is no old-school USB-A port on this jump starter. The clamps on this thing are made up of plastic but don’t feel cheap or flex too much. The plastic clamps are the same as TrekPow. Another thing to note here is that this jump starter does not offer any sort of Boost mode or Manual mode. So if your vehicle’s battery is completely dead (less than 2-volts) then this jump starter is not going to do any good for you.It claims to jump-start vehicles with engine sizes up to 8-liter for both gasoline and diesel engines. But that can’t be true because diesel engines don’t rely on a spark from the plugs; instead, they rely on compression to raise the temperature of the air to the point where diesel fuel combusts instantaneously. This jump starter needs to see at least 6+ volts on the battery to jump-start the vehicle. I tested this jump starter on a “known weak battery” and it jump-started it just fine. It has reverse polarity protection, short-circuit protection, and other safety features. There is an LED light on the jumper cables for each warning. Battery clamps are also solid but not as strong as my previous mention. Still, they don’t feel loose on the battery terminals, so you don’t have to worry about loose connections.

It also has a 12V dc out that can be used to power other devices and comes with a cigarette lighter adapter so you use a portable air compressor with this jump starter as well. These are the other jump starters I tested to see if they are up to the manufacturer’s claims. You can read my detailed review down below to find out if a specific jump starter meets your needs. NEXPOW Jump Starter: 1000A Looking for a jump? We researched 50 of the best jump starters available today before purchasing 9 to test side-by-side. We took an in-depth look at the performance of each option, utilizing load testers, multimeters, and clamp meters. Using these tools, we were able to assess power performance, functionality, and battery storage. We spent hours in our at-home lab looking at voltage and amperage in real time while charging different batteries and engines. After collecting the data, we compare each product to give you an in-depth overview, finding unique uses and caveats for the models that stand out; all to help you in your buying decisions.I tested the best jump starters on different vehicles with different engine sizes ranging from small dirt bike engines to 2.0L to 6.8L V10. The jumper clamps that are made out of plastic but have a metal pin in the hinge are sturdier than the ones that are completely made out of plastic. AVAPOW also claims that their jump starter does well in cold temperatures. To test it, I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Never do this to your jump starter, as doing this can damage it. I did it, so you don’t have to try this and know that this jump starter will work in the cold. This jump starter from AVAPOW has solidly built clamps that apply decent pressure to the battery terminals. In my testing, the clamps did not bend or twist when connected to the battery.

NEXPOW claims that this jump starter can start vehicles with engine sizes of up to 6.5L for gasoline and 4L for diesel. NEXPOW also says it can jump-start these up to 300 times. I think the 7L claims are a bit too high. After 4 jump-start tests, the battery came down to less than 50% from a full charge. It can provide around 6ish jump-starts when fully charged.HULKMAN Alpha85S was the only jump-starter that used a proprietary USB-C standard to recharge. I have also bought the HULKMAN Alpha100 (which uses the common PD USB-C charging standard) but it has not arrived yet. This jump starter is also water and dustproof so you do not need to worry about getting it wet or using it in rain. Clore uses PROformer battery technology in this jump starter which means that this battery is going to hold a charge for longer periods, is very safe, and is going to last a long time. In my testing, it had no problem jump-starting a 6.7L V12 engine. It delivered about 1136 Amps (max) when I measured it using my clamp meter. In my testing, this jump starter struggled with diesel engines that are 5L or larger. This unit includes 8 protection features, including over-current protection, overload protection, over-voltage protection, and overcharge protection, making it extremely safe to use.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment