276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DOOR LATCH KEEPER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fluffy Butt Hut Bunny House Sign Perfect Gift for Rabbit Lover Cute Rabbit House Sign 27 Colour Options

Door Latches | Door Accessories | Screwfix

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.I remember the time when, like an ordinary, peaceful, and contented playgoer, I used to arm myself with my Shakespeare, or my "Saints and Sinners," or my "Times," and proceed to one or the other of the orange-smelling parts of the theatre and take in the drama like a respectable citizen. Now things are changed. I find myself an outside man one of the crowd of dramatic hangers-on. I get mixed up with coatless gentlemen in white silent slippers, "cutty" pipes and red noses, juvenile newsvendors, horses' legs, violin, cornet, and trombone cases, faces which are a credit to the noble army of barbers, bantering ladies, and flowery, crush hat fops. And I like it, too. I simply revel in it. Endeavour as I may and do, I cannot keep away from stage doors. I have been moved on many times; I have even been conducted out of a street in which one of my favourite stage doors is situated, but this simply has the effect of driving me on to another. noon and night, wet or fine - he simply can't tear himself away from the theatre; and when he takes a holiday he goes to the play!" I have stood for hours at the Gaiety stage door to see Nelly Farren or Fred Leslie, but I have never succeeded; and it has more than once been all I could do to extricate myself from a mass of collars, eye-glasses, and wooden heads. Most importantly of all, just like his constant companion, the theatre cat (actors being a superstitious lot, almost every theatre kept one), he was the very soul of discretion - hearing the secrets of everyone but divulging none. To the theatrical folk, he was their shoulder to lean on and a friendly ear to tell their troubles to, and when were bad he invariably had some anecdote to tell that would help to cheer them up. Of course he had little time for the performing arts himself, or so he would almost invariably claim, but ask the right question and he could give you chapter and verse about almost any play that had ever been produced in his theatre (and in a very real sense it was 'his' theatre), or at least in his time there.

Door Keeper - Etsy UK Door Keeper - Etsy UK

Wonder when the Boy is going to have a look in," remarked the Fireman. "Seems to me it's all Girl - Runaway Girl, School

Another part of his job was to be the deliverer of the company's mail, something which stage-folk were unusually passionate about. "Any letters for me?" was almost invariably the first utterance of all the dramatic actors and actresses, fired at the patient stage doorkeeper as they arrived at the theatre, always anxious to receive news from their agents of where and when their next engagement might be. He would also take charge of gifts and notes from well-wishers and admirers which he must keep safe and pass on to the pertinent performers when they next passed him by. Strange as it doubtless will appear to the uneducated in this particular line of attraction, I even prefer gazing at stage doors to gazing at the drama from a comfortable seat in the stalls; not that I have ever had a comfortable, or otherwise, seat in this critical division of the house, but I have watched the graceful ease with which certain frequenters of this select place recline and devour the stage products. I have also watched them devouring the products of another part of the house between the acts, but I merely mention this en passant.

Door Keeps | Door Hardware - SD Hardware Door Keeps | Door Hardware - SD Hardware

As for Drury Lane - but there, let me confess at once that I aspired too high. Surely it was absurd to endeavour to see a Calling on His Name: Spirit of God, thank you for opening for me the Door of salvation that I might come in to faith in Jesus. I know that there is no closed door before me today that You cannot open if it is pleasing to God. I appeal to You, The Doorkeeper, to open doors for serving Jesus and doors of answered prayer. Close the doors in my life against those who come to harass the sheep of God. Amen. Anything with an Earl in it suggests a certain amount of culture," began the Stage-Manager, "which ..." The song isn't much," observed the Press Agent (who had just been getting some material for paragraphs from the leading lady), "but it's made a good deal of by the girl who sings it at the Comedy. Carrie Moore, who took Letty Lind's place in 'The Girl from Kay's' is an Australian. Pretty girl, too, and deuced clever." Accountant, Accountant Sign, Accountant Gift, Office Door Sign, Accounting Gift, CPA Gift, Tax professional, Financial Advisor Q-SSO037In Psalm 84:10, "I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God," the word is not used in its technical sense. the Revised Version, margin gives "stand (the King James Version margin "sit") at the threshold," to an eastern mind a situation of deep humility (compare title of the Psalms and 1 Chronicles 9:19). Of course the recipient of such gifts is expected to do something in return. The chief matter demanded of him is to take in and deliver letters and messages, etc., for members of the company. In connection with this, however, exists another source of profit, for a stage door keeper always considers himself fully entitled to a "tip" if he transmits a callers card or message behind the scenes. When the obligation is not recognised he is apt to be suddenly possessed of conscientiouis qualms and to remember that his duties altogether prevent him leaving his post. Should the enquirer innocently suggest that the difficulty might be obviated by requisitioning the services of a call the proposal will be scouted with vigour. By this time however, the visitor will probably have perceived what it is that is expected of him, and on producing a coin will be pleased to find his wishes promptly carried out. To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts! … Home Honey Bee Sign, Bee Farm Sign, Farmhouse Decor, Honeycomb Porch Sign, Vertical Metal Sign, Summer Sign, Bee Home Decor, Bee Keeper Gift And Kore the son of Jimnah the Levite, the doorkeeper toward the east, was over the voluntary-offerings of God, to distribute the heave-offerings of Jehovah, and the most holy things.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment