276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GODOX Lux Junior Retro Camera Flash Speedlite Speedlight On-Camera Flash GN12 6000K±200K Compatible with Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Fujifilm, Panasonic Cameras

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Flashes have evolved immensely, with capabilities unthinkable a few years ago, turning almost into mini-computers with a rather complicated operation, and have become used almost exclusively by professionals. Adopting the same operation method as Lux Junior, the Lux Senior also provides two ways of light control - the auto flash mode and the manual flash mode. It’s an extremely simple design capable of working with a variety of both modern and classic cameras pretty much out of the box. In fact, the reflector is not just for show; as I discuss in the “Light quality” section below, it creates a softer, more flattering light. Of course, with film, you’re not getting the instant feedback of digital, so I was worried about how my roll of Kodak 200 would turn out.

Godox Junior Retro-Inspired Flash Field Review of the Godox Junior Retro-Inspired Flash

The camera’s white balance was set to Cloudy, though I made minor edits in post to tweak the colours and contrast to my taste. Dave (pictured below) asked me about the Godox flash; I asked if I could take his picture, and we ended up having a nice little chat about his lovely film Leica, tungsten films and street photography. Based on this 30-minute exercise – the very opposite of a scientific test – I bring you my first-blush, seat-of-the-pants review of the Godox Lux Senior. The sync cord seems quite short at first, but it was comfortably long enough to work on both my Contax G1 and Nikon FM3A film cameras. Ngoài ra, Showroom Hoằng Quân có mặt tại TPHCM, Hà Nội, Đà Nẵng để quý khách có thể đến trải nghiệm sản phẩm tốt nhất!However, time changes and tech upgrades, Lux Junior will bring you the pure happiness and beauty of the ‘80s.

Lux Senior - Lux Series - Speedlites - Products | Godox Lux Senior - Lux Series - Speedlites - Products | Godox

Closed, it is small enough to fit in a pocket, and can also be used with any camera, film or digital. Sure, it’s less powerful than more advanced flashes by Godox and other manufacturers, and not quite as feature-packed – it doesn’t have TTL, zoom, swivel-and-tilt, or a built-in radio transceiver. The photos in this article were shot at 1/64 power, except the “shutter drag” photos (see below) which were at 1/4.Select A mode to immerse yourself in the creating ideas or M mode to enjoy the achievement of manual controlling. Since the Lux Junior is a manual Speedlite, it can be used with a wide range of cameras, including Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Fujifilm etc. We went to the top of Mount Evans (somewhere around 14,000 feet) where snow and rain covered everything, to the wineries in Upstate New York. I would turn the power switch to ON only after opening the flash to avoid accidentally triggering it while it’s closed. The inner dial of the flash is effectively just a cheat sheet of light values so you can work out combinations of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, distance, and flash power.

Godox Lux Junior Retro - Hoằng Quân Co, Ltd Đèn Flash Godox Lux Junior Retro - Hoằng Quân Co, Ltd

I like using flash, and I like Godox as a company – I own two Godox flashes ( TT600 and TT350) and an X2 wireless trigger. If you want to spice up your photos, if you want to give your camera an absolutely unparalleled retro style, this is the flash for you. Just insert two AAA batteries (not included in the box), turn it on, and in about 6 seconds, once the light turns green, it’s ready to use. It’s heavy with lenses and gear, but the advantage is I’m far less likely to have any single point of failure.You might want to check your monitor's brightness, otherwise, all your photos may actually be underexposed. If you’re into a slightly harsher flash output look, such as what some fashion photographers are into these days, then the Godox Lux Senior would work pretty well for you. With the widely compatible A mode to help you calculate the proper exposure, you can immerse into the creative pleasure either with digital cameras or film cameras. Because the hot shoe doesn’t have the contact points needed to transfer information between the flash and camera, it’s best to turn exposure preview off on your camera.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment