276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Annas Original Ginger Thins 150g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Loved today by people across Scandinavia, these delicate biscuits are wonderfully spicy and sweet. Enjoy as they are, with glögg (mulled wine) or a cup of tea. Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture, and mix until well combined. Absolutely! Once the ginger thins have cooled completely, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. This will keep them fresh and maintain their crispy texture. Can I freeze Anna’s ginger thins? When you say syrup what do you mean? I have maple syrup and corn syrup. Also can I use my stand mixer with a regular paddle or dough hook? This is a classic, loved amongst Scandinavians and a must for Christmas (eqully lovely all year around).

Annas Traditional Swedish Thins (Ginger Thins 3 x 150g)

Repeat the process with the remaining dough, making sure to re-chill the dough before rolling and cutting. The ingredients for Anna’s ginger thins recipe include flour, sugar, butter, molasses, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Can I substitute molasses with another ingredient?

Swedish Christmas cookies

Making the Swedish ginger thins is a rather simple task. If you have a food processor, all you gotta do is combine all the ingredients together and blitz until a dough ball forms. Otherwise you can start working the flour and butter with your hands and then add the rest of the ingredients and knead until you have your dough. United States of America, Canada, South East Asia, Japan, Israel, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech, Spain & Portugal, Nordics, Poland & Turkey (approx. 35 countries) Today active in following sales channels, e.g. discount or premium Ingredients: Wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed, coconut), syrup, raising agent (sodium hydrogen carbonate), orange puree 1%, ginger, natural orange flavoring, salt, ginger. May contain traces of almonds.

Swedish Ginger Thins Recipe | Epicurious Swedish Ginger Thins Recipe | Epicurious

No Swedish Christmas is complete without a ginger thin or two. In fact, the Christmas period in Sweden stretches out throughout all of Advent. That is when lots of restaurants offer Christmas buffet food. A very common way to start the festive meal is with a ginger thin and a small cup of glögg, a mulled hot drink that can be alcoholic or not. If you don't have a food processor, start working the flour and butter with your hands and then add the rest of the ingredients and knead until you have your dough. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until a smooth dough forms.Looking for a deliciously crispy treat that will leave your taste buds tingling? Look no further than Anna’s Ginger Thins Recipe! If you’ve been searching for a way to satisfy your craving for a gingery, thin cookie, then this recipe is just what you need. With a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of these delightful treats in no time. So, let’s dive right in and see how you can create your own batch of Anna’s Ginger Thins!

Anna’S Ginger Thins Recipe: A Tantalizing Delight! Delicious Anna’S Ginger Thins Recipe: A Tantalizing Delight!

Feel free to experiment with different cookie cutter shapes to suit various occasions or personal preferences. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes; set remaining sugar aside. Beat molasses and coffee into creamed mixture. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt ; add to creamed mixture until well combined (dough will be soft). Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until the dough forms and gathers into a ball.In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Set aside. Over time, gingerbread recipes have evolved and been adapted across different cultures and regions. Anna’s Ginger Thins represent one variation of this timeless treat, showcasing the delicate texture and intense flavor that gingerbread enthusiasts adore. The Recipe: Making Anna’s Ginger Thins If you want to take your ginger thins to the next level, consider adding a drizzle of icing or a sprinkle of colored sugar for decoration. My grandmother is Swedish but is aging and beyond her baking days. I make a batch every two months, freeze half the dough, and mail her half a batch each month using seasonal cookie cutters. She loves sharing them with her friends at tea time. Its a joy for both of us as long as my husband doesn't eat them first. What gives the Swedish gingerbread biscuits their distinctive flavour is a combination of spices and the use of both sugar and syrup. More about some of them after the ingredient list:

Annas Pepparkakor Original - Ginger Thins 150g - ScandiKitchen

Into a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and spices. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer beat cream until it just holds stiff peaks. In another large bowl beat butter and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy and on low speed beat in corn syrup and whipped cream, beating until cream is just combined. Add flour mixture and beat until combined well. Form dough into a disk. Chill disk, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 2 hours, and up to 2 days. Step 2 Divide the dough in half and shape each portion into a disc. Wrap the discs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Our servers are getting hit pretty hard right now. To continue shopping, enter the characters as they are shown

Ingredients: Wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oils (palm, rapeseed, coconut), syrup, salt, raising agent (sodium hydrogen carbonate), cinnamon, ginger, cloves. May contain traces of Almonds. Yes, if you don’t have molasses, you can substitute it with an equal amount of honey or maple syrup for a slightly different flavor. How long do I need to bake Anna’s ginger thins? Ikea has various merits, and one of them is to spread Swedish delicacies around the world. The famous Swedish meatballs, of course. But the Swedish ginger thins are no exception. You may have encountered them in cardboard boxes or in round tins, they are usually flower shaped and you probably know them as Annas Swedish thins. Ring a bell now? It’s the classic Annas Pepparkakor that has spread happiness for generations: as much the obvious choice for parties and traditional festivities – as for a moment’s enjoyment at any time

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment