276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Getting Rid of Matthew

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The book gets more interesting as it goes along with new twists and turns with every bad decision Helen makes. At the end, she gets caught lying and is forced to look at what she really wants and the person she really is.

What to do if Matthew, your secret lover of the past four years, finally decides to leave his wife Sophie and their two daughters and move into your flat, just when you're thinking that you might not want him anymore...I've, surprisingly, quite enjoyed this book. I thought I'd loathe Rebecca as a narrator, but I rather liked her. The book made me laugh and gasp: "Oh, this is sooooo true!!" there are a few good twists and really funny moments, but the main twists are very, very far stretched...

Alloy’s romance Purple Hearts, starring Sofia Carson and Nicolas Galitzine, just became the seventh most-watched movie in Netflix history. The film from director Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum follows struggling singer-songwriter Cassie (Carson) and troubled Marine Luke (Galitzine) as they agree to marry solely for military benefits, in spite of their many differences.But when tragedy strikes, the line between real and pretend begins to blur. When she was a teenager Jane attended Slough Convent School, where the highlight was the day one of the elderly nuns died and the whole school was compelled to line up two by two, to be shut in a room with the body for two minutes. He was asking about you," Jenny shouted over. "Wanted to know which one was the slut that his dad had gone off with."However, for my own part I must say sorry Jane but I think it may be a fundamental flaw in my personality that if I don't like the people involved then I don't really want them to have a happy ending. In real life good things don't always happen to good people (in my experience they often get dumped on from a great height instead) and bad people often get away with murder but I prefer my fiction to create a nicer world than that- a world where people are rewarded for their actions. When I first started to read this book it reminded me of the ordinary things that happen in everyday life. I thought to myself do I really want to read a book about ordinary things? The reason that it reminds me of everyday life is because I have worked with people like Lorna who make hard for anyone to be around them. In the end I'm glad I persevered because I found the book a really entertaining read. I often see reading as a bit of escapism from ordinary life and here I was with a book about just that. Ocr tesseract 5.0.0-alpha-20201231-10-g1236 Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 1.0000 Ocr_module_version 0.0.13 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-NS-2000261 Openlibrary_edition

Then, after Matthew has left Sophie, Fallon keeps the plot twisting with Helen befriending Sophie, using a false identity. Finally, Helen ends up falling for Matthew's son. This is a story about fairly average people. Two couples, Rebecca and Dan and Isabel and Alex who have been best friends since uni. That is, until arrogant Alex leaves his wife, Isabel, craps all over his best mate, Dan, by telling said best mate's wife, Rebecca, that he's in love with her and the ensueing mess that follows. I am in an emotional quandary entirely of my own making. I try to stride proudly around, claiming I'll read anything once, trying to eschew the all-too-common academic trend of looking down on popular culture or books that everyone is reading. So I make sure there are one or two recently popular books on my reading list at any one time. I'm open-minded, dammit! On leaving, she was unemployed for 18 months and trying to ignore the job advertisements which her father used to cut out of the paper and send to her, when one arrived which was for a Girl Friday in a Theatrical and Literary Agency. She got the job. I was given a copy for World Book Night and thought I would give it a go even though I don't usually read chic lit. It isn't badly written or anything, but I didn't like the characters, the storyline or the concept.. and I didn't find it funny. It just isn't my sense of humor but I know several people who think it was really good and amusing (presumably including the World Book Night Panel) so if you like this type of novel (funny chic lit) then its worth a go.

One night in October 2004, when she couldn't sleep (she is a lifelong insomniac) she came up with the idea for Getting Rid Of Matthew. Two months later, having been told by the English and History of Art departments that they would give her a place but only for the following academic year, she switched to History because they said "start tomorrow". She got a third. Rebecca and Daniel are happily married, and love their life together with their two children. They’ve known their best friends Alex and Isabel since they were at University and they’ve always done everything as a Foursome, from getting married to babies and even group holidays. I won't go about recommending it left and right, but if you stumble upon it I'd say you can give it a go and have an ok reading.

At the start of the novel, Fallon switches the reader's viewpoint between Helen's life and Matthew's wife Sophie. The 2 women stay friends with the truth all out there and I love it!! Helen also talks about maybe restarting her relationship with the son who is actually closer to her age!

If only she could have Matthew... not an odd weekends and couple hours here and there, but all to herself, so that the could be a family... A lot of heavy reading recently, so I took a fem-lit break with Foursome, my second Jane Fallon book. I can’t say this book is a happy read as the plot is all secrets , broken relationships and friendship going awry . She's less-than-amused that this has happened and decides to do everything in her power to repel him and make him want to leave her. This includes buying incontinence pads and leaving them about the house, not shaving...anywhere...ever...you get the idea.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment