276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hollister Wave Eau de Toilette for Him, 100 ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jake is one of those fragrances that would be considered a masterpiece if it had been produced by a niche, trendy brand – for the price, this is an unbelievable offering. Top Notes: It’s youthful and fun-loving, but not juvenile by any stretch. Think “white t-shirt and shorts” sort of vibe- but the guy is a chiseled surfer. Hollister Co. stores have a distinct appearance and are designed to simulate the look and feel of a Southern California surf shop. Many feature shuttered windows, small boardwalks and dark paneled interiors.

Aquatic fragrances aren’t known for their performance, but I was impressed by the lifetime of Festival Vibes. This stuff just lasts and lasts and lasts. You’ll get 8-9 hours, no problem. On the other end of the spectrum, make sure you avoid Wave 2 if longevity is a primary concern. I could barely smell it after the first half hour. How much does Hollister cologne cost? It’s strikingly similar to the note used in Abercrombie and Fitch’s Fierce- another solid fragrance- but the Hollister offer is lighter and brighter. Top Notes: The sweetness makes me think it would be a little too cloying to wear in high heat, and the subtle touch of warm spice in the dry down would have me leaning more toward coolers nights as the name suggests. Jake is the most popular Hollister cologne. This well-balanced blend of citrus, woods, and spices is perfect for impressing girls.

Customer reviews

It does dry down into a more palatable, masculine muskiness – but even that is a little generic for me. There’s no edge here – a summer freshy should feel energizing, but Wave 2 just smells a little flat. It’s for the sort of man who has got his act together, and achieved some success – but is still innovative and thinking outside the box. However, the real fun for me is in the base of the fragrance. There’s a deep and earthy scent of dried driftwood, heated by the summer sun. I was so impressed by the quality of Hollister fragrance, considering their budget-mid price point.

Despite being overly powerful for the first 20 minutes, it clings to the skin pretty much the whole time after that. Not good enough for me when there are plenty of other great options from Hollister – I’d much prefer the original Wave. Top Notes: The opening is a dash of sharp, zingy citrus – like a twist of lime in soda water. It’s energizing and invigorating and screams sunshine. But underneath it all, you have got a rugged and earthy undertone of beach driftwood. Fragrance and body care products are an important component of the Hollister Co. brand, and the fragrances are popular with the youth market. I’ve included links to the best prices I could find for my favorites- and I think they’re a great place to start. There are 39 Hollister fragrances in total, so plenty to explore once you’ve tried a few of the classics.It’s the sort of fragrance you’d wear to a beach date to project rugged sexiness and sunshine confidence. SoCal speaks to masculinity that isn’t aggressive, but still knows how to handle itself. This spiced, woody scent is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser. It’s fresh and oceanic in the top notes, but still rugged and masculine in the base.

Hollister cologne is very good for this price range. While plenty of budget colognes either smell pretty synthetic or don’t last very long, the best Hollister fragrances are natural-smelling and long-lasting. The combination of rugged driftwood with that decadent vanilla accord offers just the right amount of sweetness. It balances the blend in a way that’s both musky and sensual. An impressive longevity of 6 – 7 hours means Festival Nite will carry you through a day at college or a night at the bar. Just be aware that while it isn’t going to offend anyone, it probably won’t impress them either. Top Notes:Wave 2 is a denser and more confused version of its predecessor that isn’t sure whether it’s a summer cologne or a manly musk bomb – and sort of fails to achieve either in the process. The company offers clothing and accessories with a Southern California style and surfing influences. Items in the line are named after California beaches. Young men's apparel and accessories are referenced as the "Dudes" line, and the young women's line is referred to as "Bettys."

Hollister is tied to a culture of beach life and surfing. They don’t focus on surfing itself, but more on the social scene and community built around it. First up, the opening. It’s very sweet, to the point of coming off a little synthetic. The fruitness in the opening is sharp and overboard to the point of being offputting. The whole process is smooth and relaxing. Wave is all about easy-breezy good times -and keeps things relatively simpleThese top notes last throughout the lifetime of the fragrance. It’s linear, rather than evolving. There’s wood in the base, but Wave doesn’t just degenerate into a generic woody musk-like plenty of other men’s perfumes. Everyone seems to love it- especially girls. This sweet, creamy, woody blend is a hit and collects compliments wherever I go.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment