276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hadleigh Maid Milk Chocolate Coffee Truffle Walnut Whirls, 92 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Temper the remaining milk chocolate, or use the tempered chocolate left over from earlier (you might need to add some more chocolate), and using a teaspoon spoon it over the ganache to cover. Milk Chocolate Coffee Truffle Walnut Whirls our sumptuous milk chocolate whirl shell is filled to the brim with delicious soft coffee truffle, drizzled with white chocolate and topped off with a golden walnut half. Originally the chocolate whips were hand made by workers who extruded chocolate from a piping bag onto a board, which generated the original ridged surface.

If using a sugar thermometer, whisk continuously for 2 minutes, or until it reads 70-75C – whichever comes first. These individual chocolate coated coffee cakes are my take on the legendary Walnut Whip treats which date back to 1910. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented here and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.I’m going to be straight with you – the pastries have a pretty high FQ (Faff Quotient™) – I only got a dozen usable pastry ‘shells’ from a whole batch of the chocolate pastry (mainly due to my own clumsiness, I’ll admit) – so if it all sounds too much like hard work, just have a bash at the biscuits: they’re seriously good all by themselves! NA rights and specific trade dress to all packaged coffee and other products under the Starbucks brand owned by Nestlé since 2019. uk accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties.

Melt 225g of the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water until it reaches 44°C/111°F on the thermometer.

In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer.

Place your mousseline cream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle then pipe a swirl over each cake and top off with a walnut.Over one million walnuts, most of them imported from China and India, are used every week in the manufacture of Walnut Whips at Halifax, West Yorkshire. The original vanilla is the only one still going and it consists of a whirl-shaped cone of milk chocolate and inside is a dollop of whipped vanilla fondant topped with that all-important walnut.

When all the pastries have chilled for at least 20 minutes in the fridge, remove them and dip them in the melted chocolate. Do not stir the sugar in the pan, just swirl it around to make sure none is sticking or left un-dissolved. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.They are plump and delicious, and I love sitting around the table shelling them in an attempt to prise out the kernel entirely intact. The texture of the outside surface is a skeumorph: the original whips were moulded as a spiral cone of extruded chocolate; as the extrusion was ridged and twisted during moulding, this generated the knitted surface as a result of the process. There have been a number of flavours of Walnut Whip over the years, including coffee and maple flavours, but currently only vanilla is widely available.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment