276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Locked Attic: The BRAND NEW mind-blowing thriller from the author of Sunday Times bestseller The Dinner Guest

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I didn't have a problem with the multiple narrators nor the nonlinear timeline - but, be warned, the timeline does jump all over the place. When she, her husband and their son move into their new neighborhood away from London, Stephanie feels promise. But she soon begins to feel uneasy about her neighbors. Something isn't quite right. Their son, Jonathon, is nice and has becomes friends with her son, Danny. Jonathon's parents, on the other hand, are weird, uptight and pretentious. The cover and blurb are misleading once again- I remember the same issue with The Woman on the Pier.

I enjoyed The Dinner Guest and The Woman on the Pier, so I will still read this author's future books, but this one was a disappointment overall. Characters ranging from slimy to emotive and featuring just the best snob ever who had me brilliantly horrified yet slightly in awe at her antics Ran tells Kogoro that the butter sandwiches he ate were past their expiration date. She thinks that he is cheating when she notices that his desk is tidy and that he is dressed up. Conan tells her that it might be because Yoko is coming there as his client. But later an incident affects both of the boys’ lives. They reject to talk about it. Danny starts acting weird, angry, resented. Before Stephanie finds out the source of his anger, another tragedy strikes the family.What a freaking tense, heart throbbing, dark reading keeps you on your toes! You barely breathe! You can cut the atmosphere with a knife! I couldn't put this down. Suspenseful and well crafted, this is twisty, addictive reading to add to your list' Debbie Howells A psychological thriller about family life and secrets that have life changing consequences for all evolved. Kogoro ends up with the stomach problems and head towards the toilet. Meanwhile, Wakita delivers the sushi and overhears the case from outside and shows interest of the case. Yoko also shows them the group photo of the four who were present with her that day. She mentions the past the brothers shared about playing card games in the attic, hiding from their strict parents. And also that Nukiyasu called his brother Fuugo Ace, despite him not being a pitcher in the past while Fuggo called Heijima the real Ace. She shows a photo of Hejima's sister, wearing long sleeves dress and sunglasses, who also went missing two years ago. The subplot of the explosions I was expecting to lead somewhere but just felt like there was no point whatsoever.

The way that grief is dealt with was sensitive and rang true with me in its descriptions so thank you for the poignant and accurate observations. Also the topics of secrets and lies within a family and feeing an outsider as a teenager and exploring who you are and all those uncertainties.

I found it strangely addictive and hard to put down, squeezing in a few chapters whenever I had a quiet moment. Danny starts acting a little strange himself. Neither Stephanie nor Pete can get to the bottom of what is troubling their son.

When Pete and Danny are killed, Stephanie retreats further into herself. She knows there is something wrong with the family across the street, and she is sure that Jonathan knows what was bugging her son. She desperately needs to find out. They soon are introduced to their new neighbors, Richard and wife Janet with son Jonathan (Danny’s age) and older sister, Mimi. Danny and Jonathan attend the same school and soon become friends, with Danny having a hidden crush on Mimi. This was a psychological thriller which saw my attention going up and down like a child on a teeter totter. I liked it, I felt meh about it, I enjoyed it, I wasn't wowed. The characters in this book have questions, secrets and are dramatic. Stephanie goes looking for answers... The story opens with Stephanie in the hospital in pain, with vague memories, after a series of explosions in the area. She doesn’t understand why she is here, but slowly she starts to rememberEXCERPT: As I lie here, vague memories start to take shape. Edges start to appear. Clarity begins to emerge. And the image of a house arrives, clear and fully formed at the front of my mind.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment