276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Soulmate

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sally Hepworth (born 1980) is a writer based in Melbourne, Australia. She is the author of seven books, most notably The Secrets of Midwives, a novel she published in 2015 and The Good Sister, which won the 2021 Adult crime novel Davitt Award. [1] [2] Hepworth and her works have been featured in media outlets that have included USA Today, The New York Times, and The Sydney Morning Herald. [3] [4] [5] Career [ edit ] In a Nutshell: No soul, no mate. Better if read as a family drama than as a domestic thriller. Even better if you skip it. Hello once again from Outlier Island! This book has tragic love stories, reflecting dark sense of humor of Hepworth perfectly! Twists are mostly surprising and unforeseen! Especially the last one: broke my heart and made me scream a lot! A wonderfully challenging read, I loved this book, - slowly setting the stage for passion, drama, suspense and most of all, a mass of tender contradictions - compelling the reader to bear witness to the distance that can span between the achingly vivid helplessness, or the quiet euphoria, experienced by a woman in love, at a single point in time, each of us falling anywhere (and potentially everywhere) across such a divide, in itself as dangerous as it can be divinely welcoming. DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Waitomo District Library for the copy of The Soulmate by Sally Hepworth for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own personal opinions.

Gabe and Pippa, hoping for a fresh start to their marriage, buy a cliffside home in an idyllic seaside location. The problem? The location is known as “The Drop” a place where people commit suicide by jumping to their deaths. In The Soulmate, Sally Hepworth explores the (mis)perceptions of a perfect marriage. What those see on the outside isn't so perfect behind closed doors. This was a fantastic, twisty thriller that kept me on my toes with loads of secrets to be uncovered. Like me, you may think you have all the pieces put together. But I’m quite sure there will be at least one (if not more) bonus surprises in store. (Who doesn’t like bonus surprises?!) The Soulmate releases April 4, 2023 and I'm so excited for my fellow Domestic Suspense/Thriller lovers to get their hands on another epic and twisty tale from Sally Hepworth.

Find a Book

Many thanks to NetGalley, St. Martin's Press, and Sally Hepworth for an ARC of this book! Now available as of 4.4!!** Listeners will be captivated as the narrators create tension and drop hints about the real problem in this ideal“ family.” - Booklist on The Younger Wife The Soulmate was another terrific domestic suspense novel from Sally Hepworth. I am on pins and needles waiting for more from this very talented author. Pippa and Gabe Gerard move to a cliffside cottage in a scenic coastal town on the outskirts of Melbourne with their two daughters with hopes of starting over after a difficult phase in their marriage. Their new home is close to the edge of a cliff, "The Drop" – an area frequented by those who chose to end their lives. Gabe, a sensitive person who has struggled with mental health issues, has made a name for himself by being able to persuade people from jumping to death. On one fateful night, Pippa sees a woman hovering close to the edge and calls the authorities as Gabe approaches the woman to talk to her. Pippa sees them talking but in a tragic turn of events, the woman plunges to her death and Pippa notices Gabe standing with his hands outstretched, which he later tells her was so that he could try to save the woman. Pippa isn’t quite convinced but chooses to believe her husband. Then it is revealed that the woman was none other than Amanda Cameron, the wife of Gabe’s former employer, Max Cameron – a fact that Gabe had not shared with Pippa initially. Was there more to what transpired that night of which Pippa is unaware? What is Gabe hiding from her and why? The dialogues are also sometimes idiotic. Like, if I am talking to someone of my generation (say, my husband or my friend), why would I say something like “We didn’t have the internet then’ or ‘That was before social media’? Don’t they know it, duhhhh!

EXCERPT: Gabe is standing much closer to the woman than he usually would. Closer to the edge, too. This is against the rules - his own, and the police's. The cliff is precarious enough for one person. Chunks of it fall into the ocean all the time. And on a night like this, the wind alone could force an unsuspecting person over the edge. Gabe has always been diligent about following the rules, despite his run towards the burning building mentality. I wonder if this is a sign of how it's going. If so, it's unlikely to be a good sign. I call the police from the next room—they don’t need much in the way of an explanation from me anymore. I’ve made seven phone calls like this since we moved to the cliff house, a year ago. Now, I merely say, “It’s Pippa Gerard—there’s someone on the cliff,” and it’s sufficient. I LOVE to hear a familiar voice and always enjoy Barrie Kreinik's narration. Jessica Douglas-Henry is excellent as well.

Customer reviews

a b Galanti, Donna. "Write-On Wednesdays! Here today with Aussie Sally Hepworth". The Element Trilogy . Retrieved 13 July 2015.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment