276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Power Of Positive Thinking

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dr. Murphy brings real life examples that show how to unleash the mental powers to build self-confidence, improve relationships, achieve success, gain wealth, and conquer bad habits. 6. A Man Thinketh – James Allen

At the same time, if someone is turned off by a traditional, religious point of view, read "The Secret" (which instead of "God" uses the term "The Universe," when referencing a Higher Power, therefore allowing for many faiths and beliefs). However, if both books are read, I believe a person not only reinforces the basic principles in their mind but also gains additional techniques to achieve their goals. I have read something similar to this in many self-help and motivational books, by that I mean, what it implied, if not the exact words. But there is no denying into saying that these are some impactful words. Yes, thinking positive can be learned fast and easy. However, a defeatist attitude can overturn all your learningat the first hurdle you encounter. I'm a Christian, so I wasn't opposed to the religious content; it just wasn't what I thought I'd find. With that said, I didn't like how Peale pushed the "health and wealth" gospel. Rather than showing the Christian faith as primarily focused on the spiritual life, Peale described how to use prayer and your relationship with God to succeed materially.

Retailers:

Nonfictional in nature, "The Power of Positive Thinking" is a self-help book authored by Norman Vincent Peale that delves into the ramifications of positive thoughts. In it, Peale elucidates on the ways in which embracing a positive mindset can engender individual triumph and contentment. The book underscores the efficacy of visualization, affirmations, and faith in attaining objectives; furthermore, it furnishes pragmatic guidance and methodologies for effecting life changes through the utilization of positive thinking's potential.

It's true that almost all the lessons are based on teachings of Bible, which might repel some readers, especially non-Christians. But I believe the teachings explained are universal in nature, in that, they can be easily adopted and interpreted using any religion. I, for one, being a Buddhist, was able to read the book in that way.

Norman Vincent Peale, one of America’s most distinguished speakers was not born with that gift. As a child Norman was shy and retiring and had a terrible inferiority complex. Then to add to those feelings of inferiority, he was a preacher’s son and believed that he was expected to be perfect. Well, he didn’t want to be perfect he wanted to be hard-boiled and something else, he vowed never to become a preacher. He grew up in a religious family and as part of the church community from time to time they were all called upon to make public speeches. Norman was urged to join the others in their activities, but the thought of speaking in public scared him to death. Not sure if your self-talk is positive or negative? Some common forms of negative self-talk include: Amonoo HL, et al. Is optimism a protective factor for cardiovascular disease? Current Cardiology Reports. 2021; doi:10.1007/s11886-021-01590-4. Identify areas to change. If you want to become more optimistic and engage in more positive thinking, first identify areas of your life that you usually think negatively about, whether it's work, your daily commute, life changes or a relationship. You can start small by focusing on one area to approach in a more positive way. Think of a positive thought to manage your stress instead of a negative one.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment