276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Don't Grow Up; It's a Trap: Inspiring Quotes and Funny Statements to Stave off Adulthood

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

minutes ago I Help Seniors Get Health Care. Shouldn’t I Be Able to Afford My Own? President Biden needs to stand up for federal call center workers like my colleagues and me. hour ago Customers Aren’t Sold on Clothing Brands’ Social Impact New research suggests that businesses might not be doing an adequate job of communicating to customers what they’re doing to improve society.

Kids don’t have much of the past, so they don’t need to stress over anything, they are always free from past and future. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein I’ve talked about how hard it is to make friends but it’s also hard to maintain friendships once you get older. Do y’all realize how good you have it in HS/College when it comes to friends? Well really when it comes to quite a lot of things but especially friends! You have built in people with pretty much your same exact schedule and priorities and no real responsibilities. This isn’t the case 100% of the time but it is a good 95% of the time and it’s AMAZING. That Metabolism Though…Yeah so working is for the birds. OK, I actually like my job and I’ve had some great jobs before (and a couple not so great ones) but overall, who really wants to work? You don’t realize how nice it is to have your only real “job” be to pass your classes/get good grades and to have fun. I never understand why people are so pumped to get out of college. STAY IN COLLEGE KIDS. Stay there forever if you can. There’s nothing for you outside of college. OK, again, I’m dramatic but you get the point. The Feeling That You Haven’t Followed the Right Timeline On that frustrating night, I was fretting about the worst performance of my whole day at an interview. I transferred all my irritation to my bike accelerator and zipped down the road at top speed. Suddenly, an old man was ahead waving his hand for lift. I stopped my bike roughly very close to him. He just looked up and smiled for a moment, then asked if I could drop him after two miles from here. Y’all do not understand how good you have it in your teens/early twenties when it comes to metabolism! Yes some people have it hard when they’re young and some maintain that great metabolism when they’re older but the majority of us experience a drastic decline in metabolism sometime after 25. Mine happened around 28/29 and it was quite honestly the WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME. I’m dramatic, I know. It is honestly awful to go from eating whatever the hell you want and then waking up one day and realizing you can’t do that anymore. Hi, I’d like to Sleep In Again. Thanks.

There is always a feeling of not being fulfilled, no matter how much you achieve, because the inner child’s needs are not being met.” – Yong Kang Chan, Parent Yourself Again: Love Yourself the Way You Have Always Wanted to Be Loved Jokes aside, it was most probably to grow up and be an adult already. How often do we hear children say “ When I grow up, I will…“. It’s as if adulthood is this long-awaited stage when everything will begin for us, finally. We wait for it so anxiously until it does happen, eventually. Of course, nobody can remain a child forever, such is the way of life. However, throwing your inner child away might be one of the biggest mistakes you can make! In fact, a major part of grieving our original pain work (so that we can heal and be emotionally liberated) is to re-parent ourselves and reconnect with our inner child.” – Anonymous The eyes that sparkle in awe and amazement as they see love, magic and mystery in the most ordinary things.” – Henna SohailEither our inner child comes out to play and makes all things possible, or we mold our characters and events from our own experiences, or our dreams of wanting to experience.” – Judith Kohnen, One Chance, One Moment Many of us are guilty of not taking enough time to dial into our inner child’s voice.” – Kim Ha Campbell

We all would have uttered the title at least once, either as a joke, or we truly mean it when we miss our adolescence. Most importantly, kids live in the moment and take pride in knowing that even though the rest of the world may disagree, they still see this as a beautiful place with zero obligations. However, these damages, or problems will teach us many things. We have known sadness, joy, friendship, humiliations, failures, damage, and rejection that make us a mature person in mind but not by age or body. Overthinking problems will always drain your happiness. Don’t allow this attitude to drain your beautiful life. Learn to accept reality and motivate yourself to come out of your safe zone. Travel to new places. Help others. Then, you will be the Coolest person! Yes, grown-ups have commitments, that kids don’t have. But dwelling in the past or future does not help to perform any tasks or work.

Fun fact, there is no exact path any of us should be on. There is such a myth that we should all have it figured out or have a family and kids by a certain time and that’s bullsh*t. We start to get older and begin feeling like we haven’t done something right and it’s terrible! Just remember, you are doing you and as long as you aren’t harming yourself or others, WHO CARES what people think about your path. Newsflash, No One Cares About You…

On your journey, don’t forget to smell the flowers. Take time out to notice that you’re alive. You can only live in one day. – Ray Fearon Learning to embrace and savor rejection is one of the best things that entrepreneurs can do. Launching a startup is the time to find your ever-optimistic inner child again.” – Alejandro Cremades When we are kids, we want to be an adult because we believe if we are a ‘big’ person, we can do anything we want. We can choose to be liberated in life. That child’s mindset often stays too long in our memory. It makes us not accept the reality of growing up that brings us more responsibility than liberation. But, it teaches us many things. Sometimes, the problems come when we are not ready enough. “Have the courage to leave Bad things.” The endless list of do’s and don’ts handed down while growing up, gradually and unconsciously distance us from the inner child.” – Santosh JoshiDon’t like ads? Become a supporter and enjoy The Good Men Project ad free “Ready or not, you have no choice.” I haven’t slept in since I was about 29. I’m 33 now and there doesn’t seem to be any change in my future. I used to be a person who could survive on little to no sleep and who could sleep in until 12-2. I don’t know that this is something to be proud of but it is definitely something I miss. I’m not really trying to sleep in until noon but it would be nice to get to sleep past 6:30. I legit get happy if I make it to 8 without waking up. About This Job Thing… By staying open-minded and listening to the needs and desires of your inner child, you open yourself up to the possibilities of anything and everything.” – Kim Ha Campbell Childlike behavior is considered the most genuine in terms of human reactions and emotions. It consists of the capacity for innocence, wonder, awe, joy, sensitivity, and playfulness. It is indeed the purest, most fun and fascinating way to approach life and its unavoidable hardships. So, for your inspiration, here are 18 quotes which will make you want to embrace your inner child and allow yourself to appreciate everything around you with the curious, innocent eyes of a child. Let us liberate ourselves from any form of control. Let us focus at the inner drum, where the rhythm aligns with that of our heart. The measure of responsibility, equals to the need for evolution. Just listen, the inner child, let it whisper in your ear.” – Grigoris Deoudis

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment