276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Haunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well, that was absolutely terrible :) This book was on my radar because many of my goodreads friends (<33) who had read Her Soul to Take and Her Soul for Revenge seemed to love this one too. I know this is fiction, but (1) stuff like this happens in real life, and (2) it is so harmful and has the ability to shape people's ways of thinking.

I hate to disappoint my granddaughter but I really don’t want to waste anymore of my time on this book. I think what I find so unappealing about this male character is that you don't see him trying to win over the fmc. You are forewarned that there is plenty of strong language, graphic sex scenes and some dub/con moments too. My heart drops as I tear my eyes away to look around and see his eyes pinned on me from several directions, it’s the most intense feeling I’ve ever experienced. When reading a “dark” romance, you expect a little more depth and triggering themes to accompany the story.

Lastly, I did dnf this book, and I guess it is possible for it to get better (i think i heard the second book is better) but I'm really not interested in giving this book another chance. I am not proud to admit that I read the Fifty Shades of Grey and even Anne Rice’s “Beauty” trilogy, and they remain guilty pleasures I will never read again.

Also, Zane helped women and children from pedophile networks and sex enslavement, which made him appear like a hero, yet he goes around to stalking and raping a woman he happened to obsess with? Because he shows no kindness, no tenderness and no charmingness, in any way shape or form, I suppose the reader has to rely on a fact that establishes his supposed morality to find him the least bit likable. There was another sex scene that involved Zane "catching" or "chasing" Adeline, which seemed fun, I was totally down.He just has an ego where he decides she will do what he wants because he's powerful enough to get it and so it shall be. This piece of literature is so dark and disturbed, I have no clue how I haven’t checked myself into a nunnery yet. Anyway, let's talk about how bad the smut was because I think that's what made it the saddest for me lmao. the line is blurry but I've listened to books that had such content and it did not feel like it did listening to this book. The story was so intriguing but after the famous "gun scene" my morals were like the hell and make me shut the book but after a day or two curiosity make me pick it up again and I don't know how but I read the whole book on two days and fell in love with both the characters.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment