276°
Posted 20 hours ago

If In Doubt, Wash Your Hair: A Manual for Life

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

EAM Jaishankar embarks on 5-day visit to UK London: Far-right clash with police as pro-Palestine rally starts Anya reflects on her ambitions for her children and concludes: "If you just love your children to bits and make them feel incredible and confident then that's the greatest gift you can give them" Such a powerful statement as we often feel we need to provide criticism to help progress, but forget each of us have our own inner critic that's doing a great job at that already. What we need is love and encouragement. In an interview in The Telegraph a few years ago, Hindmarch revealed why one of her first customers, Princess Diana, held her bags close to her heart when alighting from cars. Apparently, it was her weapon against wardrobe malfunctions and unfortunate photographs, resulting in them coining the term. Today, with 15 stores around the world and an estimated net worth of 15 million pounds (according to The Times ), Hindmarch prefers “a good cup of coffee with a friend” over “going to some fashion party”. She doesn’t compromise on her daily morning walks, usually with a friend. Anya has a host of accomplishments to her name – she’s been awarded Designer of the Year by various institutions numerous times, she received an MBE in 2009 for services to the British fashion industry and a CBE in 2017 for services to fashion. She’s also a UK trade ambassador and is a trustee of both the Royal Academy and the Design Museum. And now, she can add author to the list, having written her first book, If in Doubt, Wash Your Hair. We read it, and we have some thoughts. If in Doubt, Wash Your Hair Review Don't stres about the nitty-gritty details/documentation. Entrepreneurs are more doers than reading through tons of small print (hat's what you hire lawyers etc for).

Anya Hindmarch started her business as a teen and has gone on to create one of the most impressive, creative & fun brands around. In addition, she has set a wonderful model for building a warm, inclusive but professional business culture. Al-Qadir Trust corruption case: Pakistan's jailed former PM Imran Khan moves Supreme Court for bail

Accept the updated privacy & cookie policy

Anya Hindmarch is a mother of five, stepmother, entrepreneur and globally renowned businesswoman. In If In Doubt, Wash Your Hair, she shares what she has learned during her busy and eclectic life, what she still worries about, and what advice she has received along the way.

The title of this book “If in doubt, wash your hair” has caught my attention. As soon as I saw the title, I immediately wondered what in the world that this book could possibly be about. Someone said to me recently that until fifty you are learning, and from then on, it is your time to teach. It’s almost laughable to see myself as any sort of teacher. But here goes.

About the contributors

Covid- 19 swept through our lives while I was writing this book. It changed so much, while at the same time reinforcing all the things I already knew. It emphasised the fragility of our planet. It made us stop and consider our core values and what was really important to us. It made horribly clear the overriding importance of looking after our physical and mental health and our families. It brought home to me how much good fortune I have had in my life so far.

Award-winning designer Anya Hindmarch started her fashion empire as a teenager in 1987 after being inspired by a second-hand Gucci bag she was given by her mum. Now, at 54, she has 15 luxury stores worldwide, has received an MBE and a CBE and counts the Duchess of Cambridge as a loyal customer.To all my fellow start up fashion entrepreneurs, buy this and read time and time again as you journey evolves through this ever changing landscape With a party off-limits, Hindmarch is celebrating her book launch with a popup wash-and-blow-dry bar. “I saw a photo of a woman sitting under one of those old-fashioned salon dryers, with the sun on her face, drinking a cup of coffee. And I thought – after the year we’ve had, that’s where I want to be.” Before too long, touch wood, parties might happen again. But still, I might stay in and wash my hair.

A diverse workforce is vital, both ethically and commercially, but my position on how to achieve this has changed. Most of my career has been in the era of ‘equality for women in the workplace’. It has not been achieved yet – clearly – but until recently I was somewhat skeptical about the various efforts made, and used to say, ‘I don’t want to be put on a board just because I’m wearing a skirt.’ I felt that progress was being made and would continue to be, naturally and organically, as women continued to deliver and prove their worth. I argued against quotas or other measures to ‘force’ change, as it seemed to me that they could undermine women.Anya Hindmarch is the epitome of women in business. As a reader, I don’t feel pressured to be perfectionist, living unrealistic life. Instead, I now understand that fear & excitement are the same thing. You just have to embrace it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment