276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Mouth Is a Volcano

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As a parent, I've realized children think everything they have to say is important and needs to be said immediately. While I do believe their words are important, it is imperative they learn how to control the impulse to speak out. I read this book to my children and it was a great conversation starter about interrupting and ways to control it. You can find the activity book here: My Mouth Is A Volcano Activity Book. What is Julia Cooks first book?

In the beginning of the story, Louis was going to school. When he got there, he wanted to say something when the teacher was talking, he could not wait anymore that he erupted. In the middle of the story, Louis said to the class that he had been fishing. Then, Richard interrupted Louis, so the teacher scolded him. After Louis finished talking about fishing, Louis talked about when he broke his arm. Then, Courtney interrupted Louis, so the teacher scold her. When he got home, Louis told his mother about it. At the end of the story, his mother taught Louis how to not interrupt. As far as whole group use, this book could be used if your class has not been following directions to put them in your shoes and perspective of how it feels to be interrupted and disrespected. By incorporating these activities into their curriculum, teachers can help their students develop communication skills that will serve them well throughout their lives. Not only will they learn the importance of listening and respecting others, but they’ll also develop stronger critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Before the activity, print a stressors placemat for each student and draw a large circle on each piece of brown construction paper. This story is about Louis and how he learns to deal with his “volcanic mouth.” Louis has a hard time not interrupting. He does it with his friends, his parents, and even at school. When he feels the rumble and grumble in his stomach, and the words wiggling and jiggling in his mouth, he can’t stop his words from exploding out. This tends to get him in trouble. Soon, Louis’ friends start to interrupt him, and he doesn’t like it one bit. One night, his mom sits him down and shows him how to control his words until there is a more appropriate time to speak them. The next time Louis’ stomach begins to rumble and grumble, he uses the technique his mother taught him. Does it work? Read the story to find out.Told from Louis’ perspective, this story provides parents, teachers, and counselors with an entertaining way to teach children the value of respecting others by listening and waiting for their turn to speak. About The Author To bring the lessons of the book into the classroom, we’ve compiled a list of the best 2023 activities based on the story. These activities are designed to be engaging and relatable to young readers, while also helping them understand the value of respectful communication. They include role-playing exercises, writing prompts, and classroom discussions that encourage students to reflect on their communication habits and develop stronger listening skills. Louis believes that his thoughts are of the upmost importance out of anything. His thoughts are extremely important to him that when he has something to say, his words begin to wiggle, and then they do the jiggle, then his tongue pushes all of his important words up against his teeth and he erupts by interrupting others! His mouth is a volcano! However, when others begin to interrupt Louis, he starts to learn how to respectfully wait patiently for his turn to talk. My Mouth Is a Volcano takes an empathetic approach to the habit of interrupting and teaches children a witty technique to capture their rambunctious thoughts and words for expression at an appropriate time. This story is narrated from Louis’ perspective and it provides readers with an entertaining way to teach children the value of respecting others by listening and waiting for their turn to speak.

In fact, his thoughts are so important to him that when he has something to say, his words begin to wiggle, and then they do the jiggle, then his tongue pushes all of his important words up against his teeth and he erupts, or interrupts others. Classroom use could be used as rules and following directions if your class is having a hard time with that. I read a book called my mouth is a volcano, by Julia Cook. The book is about a boy who erupted a lot. I chose this book because it looked interesting. The AR level is 3.8.In fact, his thoughts are so important to him that when he has something to say, his words begin to wiggle and then they do the jiggle. Then his tongue pushes all of his important words up against his teeth and he erupts, or interrupts others. I enjoyed this book as it can teach children a lesson on how it is rude to interrupt people and teaches kids how to stop themselves from interrupting others. Additionally, I enjoyed the pictures and fun words used throughout this book. The book is intended for kids ages 4 to 7. I am a school teacher. How can I get in touch with the author? Hand each student several strips of red and orange paper. On each strip, students will write down the ideas and strategies that will help them wait their turn, listen attentively and not erupt like a volcano. My Mouth Is a Volcano is a realistic fiction that will surely burst right out of the book! It is a book to help children manage their thoughts and words without interrupting.

In trying to pindown the problem, I think the book is too juvenile in its most repetitive phrase. "My tummy starts to rumble and then it starts to grumble, my words begin to wiggle, and then they do the jiggle, my tongue pushes all of my important words up against my teeth and then...." is so grating that I felt annoyed at myself just for reading it aloud. And you have to read it over and over again. I just don't talk like that. It was too babyish for me.My Mouth Is A Volcano takes an empathetic approach to the habit of interrupting and teaches children a witty technique to capture their rambunctious thoughts and words for expression at an appropriate time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment