276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lancaster: The Forging of a Very British Legend

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Didn't think I would enjoy this as much as the Spitfire by the same author but probably enjoyed it more and has inspired me to read more by this author.

I note that the book The Destruction of Dresden, by David Irving and published in 1963 was not included in the bibliography.My late stepfather was a flight engineer, and this story answered many unasked questions that I had. A modern Lancaster hotel just off the M6 Motorway, Holiday Inn Lancaster offers free parking and Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. e. the 'British' nature of the Lancaster's success), however it does a disservice both to the author and to the history.

As county town and seat of the Assizes it has seen all the principal criminal cases for Lancashire tried in its magnificent Castle over the last eight centuries. Even if our table booking system shows no available seats you can still come along to drink and dine with us so we look forward to welcoming you soon!The human ingenuity invested in machines of destructive power, the courage and commitment of those flying them in the face of surely the most horrific casualty rate of any service (40% of Bomber Command's airmen died - possibly only the U-boat crews had a worse outcome) - yet night after night they delivered devastation to civilian cities as well as military targets. I've been lucky enough to live near the BBMF for a few years, moving to one of the old villages that had the Lancs flying out during the war, we live in the pub where many of the air men would have drank before flying out, so thought this was an important part of history to read up on. A new Open Access policy for Monographs, Book chapters and edited collections will come into effect on the 1st of January 2024. Nonetheless, sheep, goats, cows, pigs, cattle, and cobs (horses) are all recorded in substantial numbers. I had the honour of meeting one of the vets in the book who was volunteering at the Battle of Britain memorial flight near Woodhall Spa.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment