276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Emma Premium Microfibre Pillow 70x50 cm | Ultra Soft, Breathable, Adjustable Height, Washable Cover

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We put the Emma Premium Microfibre down as a 2-in-1 pillow because the two inserts can be alternated to make a pillow with a completely different look and feel. The pillow is a standard size, 50 x 70cm, which means it'll fit perfectly into any standard-sized pillowcases. It has happened a few times that we've reviewed pillows and, alas, they don't fit our pillowcases, so we were quietly relieved when the Emma Premium Microfibre Pillow slipped in to a pillowcase we already have. Emma Premium Microfibre pillow review: performance

Emma Premium Microfibre Pillow Review - The Mattress Guide Emma Premium Microfibre Pillow Review - The Mattress Guide

Sumptuously soft as they are, down-filled pillows can present a problem for allergy sufferers. Scoom created this pillow with that in mind. It is made from a core of Hungarian goose feather sandwiched between chambers of goose down, but it is finished with a special sateen cotton cover that’s tightly woven and down and dust mite-proof to make it hypoallergenic. It is certified by the Nomite anti-allergen standard; you won’t get any pesky feathers poking out of this one. The Emma Premium Microfibre Pillow is considered to be placed on the more expensive side of the price spectrum. For the materials used we would expect this pillow to be priced lower. We assume that Emma is justifying its price by its unique customisability and generous trial period offering.

The perfect additions to your Emma Microfibre Pillow

When we tested the Emma Premium Microfibre pillow it was in the dark, cold days of December. Having a pillow that kept our temperature down didn't seem super important, and we were also initially dubious at how well the pillow could actually regulate temperature, with that polyester cover and synthetic filling. Memory foam pillows offer good pressure relief, making them a great choice for anyone struggling with pain and tension.

Emma Premium Foam Pillow | Emma - The Sleep Company Emma Premium Foam Pillow | Emma - The Sleep Company

I liked sleeping on this pillow far more than I thought I would based on first appearances alone, as it is flat and – to be frank – a bit odd looking. It is 60cm in length, so slightly shorter than the standard 70cm, which means it looks a little sad and small in my pillowcase. However, I rapidly changed my tune when I lay down on it. It is supremely supportive and comfortable once you lie down, and the hypoallergenic bamboo pillow cover is very soft to the touch. Emma decided to create a modular pillow to allow people to adjust it according to their needs. There are three layers that you can use to adjust the height of this pillow. On top, there is anairgocell foam layer which is their signature material and arguably one of the best I have seen. It is designed to give you comfort but also support. In the middle of the pillow, there is a cold foam layer that is there to provide you with all the needed support. Finally, there is a visco-elastic memory foam layer at the bottom which provides the needed pressure relief. All the materials used here are also used to make their mattressand are of the highest quality. As you know, I am a big fan of Emma and I was very happy to see the same philosophy here. Overall, a really good job here! Cover

For this test we worked our way through a constant rotation of new pillows, looking for those that helped us sleep better. The first thing we learned is that material is a key factor. Broadly speaking, there are five types that you need to know about: washable cotton, luxurious down, memory foam for support, modern microfibre and hybrids of two or more of those. See the FAQ at the bottom of this article for a full explanation of the pros and cons of each. Another issue I encountered with testing other down pillows is a strong, musty smell that lingers long after first use. That didn’t apply to this one. I also noted that there is no sign of the feathers or down poking out through the tightly-woven cover. Each of the inserts – and the padded cover – is stuffed with a microfibre polyester known as AeroSoft. This is a lovely fluffy and breathable material that minimises the amount of air that gets trapped inside the pillow, helping to keep you cool at night. We found that the pillow doesn't retain heat all that much, either, which made it really pleasant to return to if we had to get out of bed at some point during the night. Firmness and support If there is one thing that makes a pillow great – it's plushness. This is usually not the strongest feat of an adjustable pillow such as this one, but with this Emma pillow – you don't have to worry about it.

Emma Original Foam Pillow | Emma - The Sleep Company Emma Original Foam Pillow | Emma - The Sleep Company

Even though down and feather pillows are comfortable and long-lasting, they flatten out over time and need frequent refluffing. ☁️

If you like snuggling with your pillow or enjoy the feel of more traditional feather or down pillows, then the Emma memory foam pillow is not the right choice. One of the most impressive services that accompany the Emma Premium Microfibre pillow is it comes with a 200-night trial. This gives you months to try it out at home and decide for yourself if it is worth keeping or returning. This by the way is the same trial they offer on their popular Emma Original Mattress. It's also manufactured using energy from renewable sources, aligning with Hypnia's commitment to sustainability. ♻️ Each of our team members had enough time to spend with the pillow, and each one of them had adjusted the pillow the way they wanted. Some slept with both pillows inside the case, and some of them just went with one or the other. You also need a bit of patience when it comes to this pillow too. There’s a reason this pillow comes with a 200-Night Trial, and although it can be easy for us to make up our mind after resting our head on it for a few seconds, it’s worth trying using different layers and test each one to see how you get on. Full Specifications

Emma Premium Microfibre pillow review | TechRadar

A lot of pillows describe themselves as cloud-like but this one justifies it better than most, being extremely light and really quite lofty – more of a cumulus than a stratus. If most pillows are too flat for you, this could be the one you’re looking for. It offers a lot of support, not through being solid but for the sheer amount of light, springy filling. The cover and two inserts have been stuffed with filling to provide as much support as possible. If there's too much support, then you can remove one of the two inserts to adjust the feel so it's more to your liking. Although the idea of a height-adjustable pillow isn't a world-first, this is certainly one of the most straightforward designs. The Simba Hybrid pillow, for example, is filled with nano-cubes (little chunks of foam) which can be removed to adjust the height, which can get a bit messy. If you have sensitive skin, this could be the pillow for you, as it is OEKO-TEX certified free from irritants and chemicals, and the soft, smooth bamboo cover is naturally antimicrobial.The key selling point of this pillow is the ability to adjust the height and firmness of the pillow, as well as the amount of support you want. This level of adjustability and customisation should be more than enough to suit everyone's needs, regardless of their sleeping position.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment