276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fairy Tale: a novel

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Charlie is introduced to him in a traumatic and unusual way, and a friendship begins. Not only does Charlie like Howard but he falls hard for Radar. For me this book, in a way, is an enigma. I loved it for the main reasons I love most of King’s works and at the same time there are things I wish he would’ve done different. Not quite a love-hate, but a love…ah—disappointed maybe. Bueno, allá en ese mundo del que hablo hay un campo de flores rojas, una cabaña donde vive una mujer deforme y casi sin rostro, una chica de las ocas que no tiene boca, un anciano ciego, un hombre que no puede sentir, una mujer sorda, un reloj capaz de manipular el tiempo, un enano malvado e imprudente, gigantas temibles, personas grises, soldados de la noche, sirena, lobos, un cielo adornado con dos lunas llamadas Bella y Arabella, el Asesino del Vuelo, un dios dormido, prisiones, juegos mortales, deportes sangrientos, persecuciones y brutalidad sin igual. Por ejemplo, en un comienzo sabemos de la existencia de la caperucita roja que salió y nunca regresó porque tuvo un accidente, el padre ausente y alcohólico que es un completo pusilánime, el pirata y su buque lleno de oro, el hombrecillo (Rumpelstiltskin) con voz tonta y que da miedo; además de que también anda en busca de oro (toma tu referencia a las habichuelas mágicas), la casa vieja, gótica y espeluznante que tiene un halo sobrenatural o encantado, el viejecillo (leñador) que tiene una perra que en tiempos anteriores confundían con una bestia temible y luego está el cobertizo; el centro de todo, la amenaza viviente que se encuentra bajo candado y de la que se escuchan rasguños tras la puerta de madera. Y por último nuestro protagonista, quien nos narra de manera ulterior todo lo que aconteció en su vida y que es ese típico muchacho que siempre se embarca en una nueva aventura por explorar, donde le esperan muchas cosas agradables y desagradables en igual medida en mundos que transgreden la lógica con seres fantásticos.

Maybe I shouldn’t have been reading this in parallel with what I consider King’s best - the still amazing after a gagillion rereads It). All the interactions, situations, events, and descriptions were exactly that of a dog and how a dog owner would react. I can imagine if you’re also a dog owner, you will feel the same way as you connect immediately with the dynamic duo of Charlie and Radar and the adventures that await them. He got a part-time job at the Jiffy Car Wash out by the turnpike extension. That lasted a week, then he either quit or got fired. He didn’t tell me which and I didn’t ask.

Table of Contents

Radar is first described as a mean, frightening dog by Charlie’s friend Andy Chen. Yet, when Charlie meets him, he’s a much more subdued and trusting dog in old age. Why is that and how does Radar help Charlie’s quest into Empis? but you need to help yourself. You need to work. You need to score high on the SATs when you take them.” This reading group guide for Fairy Tale includes an introduction, discussion questions, and ideas for enhancing your book club. The suggested questions are intended to help your reading group find new and interesting angles and topics for your discussion. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book. After Howard died and Charlie decided he had to at least try to save Radar by going to Empis, I was getting more and more tense by the minute once he reached Lilimar as I was silently urging him onward towards the sundial. Then later after Charlie & the others had escaped from Deep Maleen and Radar decided to accompany him, Leah, Eye, Jaya & Eris to try and stop the Flight Killer I got all nervous again. I’m not sure I’ve ever plowed through the remainder of a book faster to make sure Radar survived the final confrontation with Elden/Flight Killer. And speaking of…

I’d heard of curses—the storybooks are full of them—but this was the first time I’d seen one in action.-------------------------------------- Fairy Tale by Stephen King review – a terrifying treat". the Guardian. 2022-09-03 . Retrieved 2022-09-23.

It's a 2.5 star book for me and I'm rounding down to 2 in my Goodreads rating. There wasn't anything to make me want to bump it up. I'm afraid I can't recommend it. This book has too many issues for me to give it my stamp of approval. If you really feel like you must read this one, I hope you'll wait for it to come to your local library instead of dishing out cash like I did. Honestly, I think it's best to just take a pass. And I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is not a fan of horror but has always wanted to read a Stephen King book. Eventually, Charlie not only becomes Mr. Bowditch's friend, but is told his secret and that opens a whole new can of worms. Not because Charlie is greedy - because he cares. In fact, caring is basically what this book was all about for me. Stories. An endless number of stories that pour into the funnel and come out in our world, barely changed.” Unfortunately, I found a lot to complain about in this one, much more than I found to celebrate. King makes the same mistake I'm seeing with a lot of authors right now in that he tries to give voice to a first-person narrator who is clearly beyond King's understanding. The worst part is that King knows it and tries to make excuses throughout the entirety of this book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment