276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lego Ideas 21320 Dinosaur Fossils Construction Toy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Inspired by Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous and other Jurassic World stories, this toy playset makes a cool birthday gift, Christmas present or surprise treat for dinosaur-loving kids aged 7 and up. Discover building toys to delight all ages in the LEGO Jurassic World range, with molded, buildable dinosaur figures, minifigures, impressive buildings and cool vehicles for play and display. There are plenty of LEGO Jurassic World sets to excite kids, whether they want to recreate classic scenes from the films and animated series or simply build and display an impressive model to show off their passion. The sets make fun gifts for dinosaur-lovers and fans of all ages.

This collectible, 910-piece set makes a fantastic archaeology toy gift for all aged 16+ who love to build solo or to share their interest in natural history, dinosaurs and LEGO building with friends and family Which is fine, I am told, as not every set is intended for everyone. And by they way, if I don't like it I am free to design my own. Unfortunately, the body shaping varies quite substantially when compared with many Tyrannosaurus rex fossils. The pentagonal 2x3 tiles certainly replicate the shape of its coracoids and the arms seem reasonably accurate as well, featuring two elongated fingers on each hand. However, there is a large structure at the centre which does not resemble the original dinosaur and the ribcage looks much too small.

Curved slopes are employed to reasonable effect across the head. This design does resemble the Pteranodon, although its skull should be significantly narrower and the vital fenestrae are omitted. I think it would be difficult to include these details at such a small scale but the model looks awkward without them in my opinion. The opening beak and prominent cranial crest are both pleasing though. Dinosaur ‘fossil’ figure for boys and girls – Features a toy T. rex skull with dinosaur bones for kids, a ‘fossilized’ footprint and a stand to hold them, with a plaque and a hidden ‘amber’ piece

In the box: buildable, posable Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon skeleton models with displays stands, plus a LEGO paleontologist minifigure and sapiens skeleton figure, to recreate a natural history museum

Details

Triceratops horridus is undoubtedly among the most celebrated herbivorous dinosaurs and this model is larger than its avian counterpart, measuring almost 29cm in length. Its stance appears fairly realistic but the knees seem slightly too close together. However, the proportions are accurate when compared with the original animal so this fossil looks magnificent on display.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment