276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Other Mother: A wickedly honest parenting tale for every kind of family

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The confusion was the interesting kind, you know when you’re reading a book and you know the narrator isn’t reliable? It is important to point out before I start this review that I don't actually have kids but I do a) work with children and b) enjoy reading, so those are my main qualifications for this book review. It is astonishing just how much of what we are can be tied to the beds we wake up in in the morning, and it is astonishing how fragile that can be.

book ending Did Coraline really escape? Fan theory, movie and book ending

All I am going to say is that this story is about two new moms, both suffering from postpartum depression, who become friends after meeting in a support group. For the movie, director Henry Selick moved the action to Oregon, casting American actors in the majority of the roles.I first saw Jen Brister performing stand up in the Vauxhall Tavern in the summer, where she mentioned her book first.

Coraline | Book Analysis 10 Important Characters in Coraline | Book Analysis

This one is all about postpartum psychosis, but there's more-- it's about identity (mistaken, stolen? I found the honesty around Brister’s relationship to feel like fresh air, and she didn’t hide from sharing everything, even things which may not have been flattering but were real. But the past does not seem so eager to be forgotten and details about all she is escaping from start to reappear, both in her present surroundings and in the ancient records she is uncovering in her new abode. However, Coraline soon realizes that the grass is not always greener on the other side and learns to appreciate what she has. But their hands closed about hers, as she pulled on the big iron door handle, and suddenly she felt strong.Laurel is glamorous, attractive, and seems to have it somewhat altogether after having her baby, Chlöe (with an umlaut over the "o"). She is almost the spitting image of Coraline’s mother, except for the fact that she is taller, thinner, and has black buttons for her eyes. Daphne and Laurel are new mothers – both suffering from postpartum depression and a history of other mental illness in their past, or so we are led to believe. Panic mode is over, there is a new normal and a new routine in place that is different in every single families, people have settled into their new roles, there is a new person in the family.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment