276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BYWAYS. Photographs by Roger A Deakins

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

T. the Extra-Terrestrial: The Ultimate Visual History—the definitive account of the motion picture phenomenon and a must-have for fans of the beloved Steven Spielberg classic. Nominated for an Oscar 15 times, he has won the award twice for the films Blade Runner 2049 and 1917. Deakins has been admitted to both the British Society of Cinematographers and to the American Society of Cinematographers. After graduating from college, Deakins spent a year photographing life in Southwest England's rural North Devon on a commission for the Beaford Arts Centre. Bill Brandt and Alfred Steiglitz are among the many photographers whose work made an impression from when Deakins’ fascination with expression through stills was ignited.

Beautifully designed and produced by Bologna's Damiani Editore, it presents one hundred and fifty-five previously unpublished black and white photographs spanning five decades, from 1971 to the present. British Cinematographer Magazine is endorsed and read by: BSC - British Society of Cinematographers; GBCT - Guild of British Camera Technicians and IMAGO - International Federation of Cinematographers.I went to art college and they put me in a graphic design course which really bummed me out because I wanted to be a painter – I suppose they knew better. I like trying to do that in my photographs, and I think that is something I’m conscious of trying to do.

BYWAYS includes previously unpublished personal black-and-white stills that reflect a life spent looking and telling stories through images, from 1971 to the present.I’ve always thought about taking that photograph and on this particular day it was calm, the sun was rising – perfect conditions to take the shot.

There’s just something about the simplicity of his paintings and the use of different elements that seem out of place with one another. So, I thought instead of creating a book of exclusively seaside photographs, why not include images from other places? He is in his own words a private person, for whom photography is, “an excuse to spend many hours just walking’ with “no specific purpose but to observe”.Beautiful reproductions and print quality, but arrived with a 6 inch tear down the spine after 6 months of waiting. Ho inoltre trovato davvero scomodo trovare la descrizione delle foto non sotto ciascuna di esse, ma tutte in fondo, così da risultare decisamente più scomodo dover saltare ogni volta avanti e indietro per leggere che cosa si sta guardando.

I don’t think they actually ever experience where they are until they get home and they look at the photographs but sometimes they take so many I can’t imagine them ever going through them all. His British colleagues have honored him with 11 nominations and seven wins at British Society of Cinematographers events. I was trying to amass enough photographs to have that as a book, but then I thought, ‘Well, that’s going to take me a long time because I’m not very quick. Sometimes an image is more literal in a way and I can understand what’s drawing me to it, but that is not.The directors I work with understand the one angle that tells the story the way they want to tell it or one angle for any particular moment in the scene. He started in documentaries, shooting many in Africa as well as covering the Whitbread Round the World Yacht race that required him to work for more than 9 months as a crew member while filming a documentary.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment