276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lian-Li A4-H2O Black SPCC/Aluminum Mini-ITX Computer Case, PCI4.0 Riser Card Cable Included - A4-H2O X4 BLACK

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unlike its predecessor, the A4-SFX, this case is fully capable of water cooling your high-end hardware. Lian Li has obviously gotten this method of construction down to a science – balancing simple materials and mature manufacturing methods to make a competent final product.

With great wattage and no need to undervolt the CPU i went with the Ryzen 7 7700, which gets me within my goals.

Depending on the choice of power supply, and more importantly the length of the GPU, it may become less accessible. If you are looking for an SFF case that focuses on water cooling, this might be the one that does everything right.

The coolant line on the opposite side simply wasn’t flexible enough to snake around the rear of the power supply, and the 12-inch hoses weren’t long enough to mount the radiator farther forward in the chassis. The chassis can accommodate an SFX power supply as standard, alternatively the bracket can be removed to mount an SFX-L power supply.Once the card is screwed in and the case is upright in its final position, the GPU ends up upside down. Ram needed a bit more time since it isn't so straight forward to change them in bios, but it worked in the end. With its robust steel housing and sandblasted aluminum cladding, it is simple and elegant at the same time with its high-quality finish. New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging . A removable bracket at the top makes the installation of radiators up to 240mm in length much easier.

There are other tweaks versus the H2O’s precursor, but most of the focus is on the liquid cooling, given the name. With our efforts partially undone by component selection, we advise that novice builders may want to wait to see how other A4-H2O builds have turned out, and choose their parts accordingly, especially in terms of AIO liquid coolers. Mind you, we won’t be blaming Corsair for having noisy fans, as most people won’t be using this case with an overclocked processor in our extreme test conditions: while running Prime95 small-FFTs and FurMark simultaneously. Lian Li shows it being used to load the GPU in from the front of the case, but in practice it’s pretty awkward to do with the liquid cooler tubes in the way.

Though it is important to keep that clearance in mind for the CLC pump block – it’s best to opt for coolers where the tubes exit the side rather than the top. Footprint loses the directionality of length and width measurements, which are what matter for visualizing the area a case will take up on a desk. There’s an exploratory phase to methodology development, and that’s what we’re doing now with Mini-ITX. A GPU with a vapor chamber is already in effectively its worst orientation when it's installed in a standard ATX case horizontally, because it’s fighting gravity at that point.

No major problems at all, took some time to set up, and some dumb mistakes from my side but nothing major to break anything. AMD Also just annouced their 7000X3D CPUs coming next month, so you may want to wait for those and see how they preform. Our Fractal Lumen S24 RGB has individual cables for the fans and RGB of every component, so fishing them into the case and later finding places for the excess length to go was a challenge.

In the process of doing so, I'm selling my beloved first rig, which I built myself, and using the funds to gather parts to either build an airplane-travel friendly SFF here in the US to take with me to my family's home in Korea, and then to Japan; or bringing the parts over to Japan to build there. The motherboard is mounted on the left side of the center partition, with only the Mini-ITX format supported. Sure there are advantages to this single part build, but let's face it, it's really convenient not to have to do that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment